3. Carnival Inspiration
I went on this ship as it was the only thing available at the last minute when trying to find a cruise to take my 30y.o. sister on who has never cruised before. I had done this itinerary twice before (Ensenada twice and Catalina Island once) and I had done this ship before in 2015 being in a wedding as my friend was married on it. The ship looks old, worn, and dirty. We saw crew members dusting the walls in the morning but important things like cleaning our oceanview window so we could have a clear view outside and pickup up trash in the public bathrooms were missed. The handwashing machine near Blue Iguana didn't work properly most of the time, just flashing a red light and and hand sanitizer near there was never filled. The bathroom nearest the buffet on port side, the air dreyer never worked and there were no paper towels available. Within 20min of boarding the ship we sat down in the buffet to eat lunch and the wooden bench part of the seat in one of the booths completely fell off the bench making my sister almost fall. Two crewmembers walked by, saw it was broken, and did nothing. Certain coffee makers and other drink dispensers didn't work the entire cruise. Our sheets had holes and there was only one outlet in the whole room. The food in the dining room was more miss than hit and no one encouraged hand washing like they do on NCL. I rarely touched the ladles and spoons to serve myself, using a blue cloth napkin instead, yet I'm still sick the day after the cruise. The casino house edge on roulette is insane with Carnival adding a B (bonus) green space to the the standard 0/00. The lady running the trivia was unfamiliar with the subject matter of some of the trivia games and while generally having people from all over the world work on the ship is an amazing display of diversity, in this case it made trivias less fun when you can't understand the host. Not only when running the Harry Potter trivia was she unaware of simple things like Ron's last name being pronounced Weasley and not Wesley but the second question asked was WRONG! "Of the three main characters, who is the oldest?" The correct answer is Hermione, yet on her sheet (and clearly because she's not versed on the subject matter to know otherwise) the answer says Ron, which is incorrect and leaves a damper on the experience itself when those running a trivia don't know the correct answers. German C, the DJ on board always looked like he hated being there. Nightclub hits was supposed to start at 11:30 in the dance club but normally he didn't stop playing oldschool or 90's hits until 12:15am or later making the fun of dancing to current music only last about 45min or so. Also, our server on the third night in Mardi Gras was not very kind nor patient. And the person staffing the pizza area in the back of the buffet always had an attitude as if you were bothering him. The Cruise Director Ryan Rose was great and so was his right hand man 'Fernando(?)'. They were the positives of the cruise. The two shows in the theaters while short and had basic choreography and wasn't anything new or exciting, was still entertaining and the male lead singer/dancer was very good. My sister enjoyed the nightclub but wished they played current hits starting earlier in the night since it ended early. Too many times she tried to eat a caesar salad but it either had too much or too little dressing no matter how she specified it. Overall she enjoyed herself so in my opinion if you haven't been on many cruises, or haven't been on new and large ships or haven't stayed in a balcony cabin before and don't have much to compare it too you may enjoy this cruise for a quick getaway if you are local to the area.

Ok cruise if you have low expectations

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by sherakay

sherakay’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E E65
The tiling in the shower had a permanently dirty look to it. There is NO counter space in the bathroom surrounding the sink and only one small shelf above it to put toiletries. This room was for the disabled that they assigned us, but only for someone who could still walk and not need a wheelchair.

It is very close to the atrium so if that's something you want, to be close to the action at night it's great for that, but you can hear everything so it is very loud at night if you are trying to sleep before 11pm. The theater was only one floor up so that was convenient and you are very close to the elevators.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins