3. Norwegian Escape
My family and I went to Bermuda on the 5/5/19 sailing on the Escape. It was our 3rd cruise with Norwegian and our second cruise with NCL to Bermuda. The first one was on the Breakaway. We love the island and enjoy the trip. We have also together on RCL as well as Carnival. We were in a balcony cabin on the 9th deck. Pros - The ship was clean and seemingly well maintained. - The staff was very friendly and engaging. Everyone that I encountered was exceedingly nice. It made me feel wanted. - The Choir of Man is a fantastic show. Best show I've seen on a ship or land. - The washy washy team was great - The senior F&B team was very visible and interactive the whole week - The embarkation and disembarkation process was smooth and orderly - While shows booked nearly instantaneously upon entering the ship, we were successful in getting seats via the standby process. - Smoking areas were restricted which was nice. - The Captain decided to take a different route out to the Bahamas which seemingly reduced the motion. The Celebrity cruise the same week went direct and in talking with people on that ship it was very rocky for the whole duration. Cons - The room steward was not attentive. We never met him on day one and when we departed the room we left a note asking for him to split the beds. That never happened and at 9:00 when we called directly to request the change his response was..."Right Now"? - There was no body lotion or bar of soap in the bathroom, trash was left day over day, no bottle of wine as a latitudes member, just no communication at all. - We booked two rooms as we had 5 people. We put the majority of onboard purchases on my account simply because I always had it readily available. We came to find out on the last night when we received our bill that we had $150 of onboard credit on the other room. I specifically asked my cruise consultant if we had any OBC and he said no. And NCL never let us know either. It was very frustrating to see that we had to return that OBC and pay on another account. - The internet was very slow. This was expected but still a con. - The shows and dinner reservations booked very fast on day one. The first afternoon many of the best times were taken and shows completely booked. It was frustrating. But see pro above as we were successful in going standby and not having long waits for dining. But we never seemed to be able to get good seats as a result. - The food in the main dining halls was very average. Very little seafood available and the nicer steaks were just ok. - Wait times to get seated in a dining room were ok, but once seated the dining process was quite long. It took me over 20 minutes to get a coke. In summary, Bermuda is one of my favorite places on earth. Cruising out is a great way to take advantage of a nice ship and have great availability to the islands for 3 days. I had enjoyed my previous cruises on NCL much more and developed an affinity for the brand. While I intend to cruise again, I am not sure that NCL will be my first choice.

The Friendliest People and so Inadequately Staffed

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by psulee

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Pros

- The ship was clean and seemingly well maintained.

- The Choir of Man is a fantastic show. Best show I've seen on a ship or land.

- The washy washy team was great

- The senior F&B team was very visible and interactive the whole week

- The embarkation and disembarkation process was smooth and orderly

- Smoking areas were restricted which was nice.

Cons

- The internet was very slow. This was expected but still a con.

psulee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 9229
This cabin was a good size for two people. Plenty of storage. As is typical it is tight but that is to be expected. It is the level directly above the promenade and the cover for that level extends out past the balcony partially limiting the view down. It was not really an issue at all though.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• King's Wharf
    We booked a 3.5 hour catamaran tour with Restless Native. The tour departed directly from the dockyard and went across the sound to small cove where we could snorkel, SUP and kayak. The trip was great and the operators were fun. We were a bit surprised to see two other boats in the same area but it didn't take away from the experience. The snorkeling wasn't great and we did get a chance to see some fish. The rum swizzles and cookies were a great addition.
    View All 12,302 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews