3. Ruby Princess
First window of opportunity to travel with girlfriend since our husbands passed away. Wanted warm weather (UK winter) and hadn't been to Mexican coast for many years. Ship same as when on it before, although refurbed recently. Quite familiar and satisfied with layout. Comfy style, not over brashy, easy to get about. Pleasing atrium/cafe area for performances and meeting friends. Theatre really lovely, good sight lines - but ALWAYS, as on all ships, aircon blasted freezing air out. In American places, restaurants, theatres etc. they do not understand COOL air. Using more energy to make it ICE COLD, necessitating the wearing of sweaters and shawls, which is totally stupid. Cool it, not Ice it. Bad for the environment. The temperature on land (so cooler at sea) was never above 20 degrees centigrade. We needed heat sometimes in the cabin. Dining ANYTIME - tried to juggle getting to theatre shows on time BEFORE eating or afterwards. Neither worked well for us - shows/dining times are too early (to please the Yanks?) 6.30 & 8.30 shows not a good time. I refuse to dine at night in the buffet (the restaurant is part of cruising pleasure) but that's what the staff say to do to see the shows comfortably. But it spoils a port day to rush back to shower and change, relax in restaurant, and see a show at about 9.30/10 or even 10.30. Unfortunately the Anytime arrangement didn't work very well, as we often ended up on our own, or with the same people, so didn;t get to meet more people (whole point of cruising for us). And, while on the subject, there should have been someone to host the 'singles' meeting, with coffee or tea supplied. Very poorly organised and attended. THE FOOD was a very good standard. No complaints. Tasty, good quality and excellent variety. It's really about time the poor waiters didn't have to go through what's on the menu - we are adults, we can read........it's insulting. If we have queries, we can ask. Dining service excellent as usual. ENTERTAINMENT.: The shows are good generally, unless you've seen the same ones time and again. I can see where they've been tweeked, but we need to see a couple of new ones in with the old. Perhaps I shouldn't cruise so much? One show was dreadfully childish, like a pantomime with little dancing. I'm an ex-dancer choreographer so I know my stuff. It was very colourful, but too much running about, jumping, and bloody awful 'storyline'. The comedians (both male from USA) - one had a tinny annoying voice and looked like he'd just come off a street corner in gym kit. The other - too many jokes that only watchers of American tv sitcoms would understand. Broader humour for foreigners please. laughed once - and that was just remembering how many times I'd heard the joke before !!! SERVICE - excellent as always. EXCURSIONS. Do our own thing. Local buses etc. Riviera too built up now.

Bad timings of shows

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by DenaLester

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Dining service excellent as usual.

SERVICE - excellent as always.

EXCURSIONS. Do our own thing. Local buses etc.

Riviera too built up now.
DenaLester’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OZ E405
CABIN: My friend unhappy with the size - she's bigger than me, but I didn't notice a problem, although it was a smaller cabin with no room for a sofa.Thermostat worked quickly and efficiently. Shower stall really too small for anything over a size 10(English).Shower pressure and temperature very good.
Partially blocked view by a screen on one side, but one could see beyond it so very good position.
None of your 'which of the following apply' in next question APPLY TO ME. I would never choose a 'seniors/family' cruise. ' No theme' is fine for me.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins