3. Golden Princess
First of all, we had the same happen. My dad passed away on our anniversary 2 days out of New Zealand. My wife and I knew it would not be possible to get to Arizona, so we stay on to the end. It worked out better with mom. Yes, the embarkation was congested, but we still were on ship within a hour. My wife and I are pretty easy cruisers, she figured out a way to hang a hammock on the balconey, it worked out fine. We were on Lido deck and experienced only a cigar smell the first few days, but not in room. Walking up the stairs, I did notice squeaky decks on B and C. The ship was for the most part clean and good, sure it is not a new ship. But I like the promenade on 7, many new ships don’t have one. On a 27 day cruise, what do people expect, sure there is trivia “7” times a day and many Effy sales. Who cares, we went with friends and enjoyed the drinks, and both wives won on different days. And sure, the movies on deck were repeated. We were on the GP last year, and I think the food was better this year. The plates were hot and it kept the food good. The soups were good, and only lukewarm a few times. I did not realize, I had picked an any size table. So we were at a table for 10, for 22 days, we were by ourselves, got to like it. The internet worked good, and Face Time was working, we needed the minutes to deal with issues about my dad. Someone said they did not see Captain, we saw him, never know where he will be out of 2600 passengers. Some shows were very good, others, so so. It is hard to suit every taste in entertainment. The local dancers that came on board were fun to watch and we liked the shows. It was Easter on Papeete, so mostly everything closed. Only a few restaurants open, I scheduled my own scuba dive and had a good time diving the Aquarium in the other harbor. On Moorea we took the Belvedere and island drive, worth it to see the island. We spent 4 nights in Sydney before the cruise, and saw people around town that we saw later on the cruise. Also, met a member of my Upland, CA Army unit, small world of cruisers. The debarkation went smooth, half the people were staying on to Vancouver. Yes the ship is older, but we had a good time and would go on GP again.

Made the best of the cruise

Golden Princess Cruise Review by sgmdiver

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The debarkation went smooth, half the people were staying on to Vancouver.

Yes the ship is older, but we had a good time and would go on GP again.
sgmdiver’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF L222
The beds are really nice. We do miss the couch that Carnival has.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins