3. Carnival Paradise
This was my 3rd cruise on the Paradise and 24th overall. I choose this cruise because I like the ship and Cozumel is my favorite port. Embarkation was great! Tampa is my favorite port to cruise out of. We arrived about 1130 and it took about 15 minutes to board. Went and got lunch and drinks and the cabins were ready before 1:30. The Paradise was refurbished last year so she is beautiful and in great shape. It is a smaller ship which allows you to get to know other guest and crews easier. We had a little over 2000 passengers and met quite a few people that we enjoyed running into each day. Booked an inside aft cabin on Empress Deck 7. I prefer insides for the price and I like the darkness for sleeping. Great location on same deck as lobby and one floor below the main dining room. Our cabin steward Purwanto was fantastic. We had early seating and great wait team which consisted of Wislan, St Juste and Baltazar. They were very friendly and efficient. We loved the singing and Baltazar is quite the dancer. Food and desserts were very good. Carnival has the best spring rolls and chocolate melting cake on the planet. The shows were good, those guys and girls are talented and the video screen is pretty cool. Both the Cowboy Comedian and Killer Beaz were funny and they have moved into a bigger room so no problem getting seats. We bought the drink package and rarely had to wait more than a minute or two. The Cruise Director Leon was very friendly and energetic. He was one of better ones I have had. Trivial Pursuit with Carlos was pretty funny also. Went to Mr Sancho's in Cozumel. Food, drinks and service were all excellent. The bartenders at the swim up bar are amazing. They also have a nice beach and plenty of seats in or out of the sun. Cozumel is the best place in the Caribbean to buy almost anything, but remember to haggle. Disembarking was pretty smooth. Went for a leisurely breakfast about 8 and got in line about 9:05. We were in our car by 9:30. I highly recommend porters and valet parking. Two of us have cruised alot while two were first time cruisers...a great time was had by all.

4 days in Paradise.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by jdickeysc

We bought the drink package and rarely had to wait more than a minute or two.

jdickeysc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4C E209
Roomy compared to NCL. Had no issues with cabin. Inside cabin is very dark which is great for sleeping.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins