• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mamichalec
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony

We sailed on Carnival Vista on Sunday, April 28, 2019 for scheduled stops to Cozumel, Mexico, Belize and Mohogany Bay, Isla Roatan, returned to Galveston, Texas on Sunday, May 05, 2019. Getting on the ship was a breeze, sail and sign cards were at our room waiting on us. Our cabin was ready at 1:30 pm as provided to us, luggage arrived as scheduled. Our cabin was cleaned twice a day, great job by the steward, she remember our names and always asked how we were doing and if we needing anything. The food was great, never waited in line longer than 15 minutes. Vista decor was very plain compared to the other ships we have been on. The steakhouse is better on the smaller ships than the Vista.

A disappointment to me is we didn't dock at Mohogany Bay, Isla Roatan. We selected this cruise for our daughters college graduation and because she wanted to go to Roatan. On the morning, 0630, of Thursday, May 02, 2019 I saw a ship out of our cabin window and thought why am I seeing this ship. So, I got dressed and went down for coffee, I saw Mohogany, Bay, Isla Roatan to the east and then the ship I saw passed by us at approximately 0730 and dock in Roatan. At 0800, the captain announce that we will not be docking at Mohogany Bay due to the winds being to high. At 0830 the captain came back on the intercom and said we will be going back to Cozumel, Mexico. I thought, well the captain is being cautious and didn't want to take a chance damaging the ship. On Monday, April 29, 2019 the sky ride on Vista was not operating due to high winds, so on that Thursday, May 02, 2019 when we were scheduled to stop in Roatan the shy ride was operating. Rumor on the ship was the Vista had mechanical problems with the thrust motors. On April 18, 2019 the Carnival Vista didn't dock in Roatan due to high winds as well. I know the Liberty of the Sea docked in Roatan on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 because I talked to passengers that were on Liberty of the Sea in Cozumel on Friday, May 03, 2019.

I arrived home and checked winds for Roatan:

Balcony

Cabin 8G

Cabin is smaller than other ships.

2 Helpful Votes