3. Crown Princess
This was my 4th Princess cruise and may be my last. The cruise started in Southampton England. It just came from transitioning over from Fort Lauderdale and a good number of guests stayed on board for the second part of the cruise. The ship holds approximately 3,000 guests. Day 1. Upon arrival, our room was available enabling us immediate access. The room looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned for a while. There was dust on the tables, headboards and lamp bases. The rug was stained and needed a good vacuuming, it probably should be replaced. The bed was made but not to the standard we experienced on prior Princess cruises. There was no ice in ice bucket, and when our steward finally filled it after asking him to do so. He never checked it again to see if it needed to be refilled. Day 3. We decided to eat breakfast in the main dining room vs the buffet. Being a party of 6 it was difficult finding a place to eat in the buffet. People would just sit there after they finished eating, taking up space for other guests to eat. The service in the main dining room was horrendous. We never experienced such a disorganized crew. It took approximately 30 minutes to get juice and coffee. When the food finally came, it was cold, and bagel I ordered was as hard as a rock. I didn’t have the time to wait to send it back since I was going on an excursion. The ship’s procedure for returning passports they had retrieved from us when first checked in, definitely needs to be reviewed and fixed. We were first told our passports would be delivered to our room. It turned out, some were delivered to their rooms and others were not. Some people were told their passports were missing when they were at the customer service desk. Some passengers were told their passports were lost, upsetting many passengers. We never received our passports so we had to go to customer service waiting in long lines to retrieve them. Another couple we sailed with said their steward knocked on their door and said he only had one passport. He said they lost the other passport. He told them to go to the customer service to see about the missing passport. The first time they went to customer service they were told their passport would be delivered to their room later in day. After waiting a half a day for their passport, they went back to customer service again and were told their passports were at the Irish Immigration terminal and would arrive the next day. They were so upset. They went back again and customer service asked if they changed rooms. On their fourth visit to customer service, the staff member finally went in back and returned with their missing passports. All they did was make up stories to try to appease the situation. They tried to dismiss my friends saying they didn’t need the passports anyway. This is totally unacceptable. My excursion in Ireland that day started off good. Then during a stop at Trinity College, the tour guide sped to the entrance leaving behind half the guests on the coach. It was impossible trying to find her, she just disappeared. We never found her until we re-boarded the bus to return to the ship. We were pretty much on our own, which was upsetting since we paid for a guided tour which we never received. Upon returning to the ship after the excursion, the line to get back on the ship was about 600 people deep. The crew kept reversing the lines, people were bumping into each other, and they actually stopped the entry onto the ship for no apparent reason. The entire crew was disorganized and need to be retrained on how to deal with crowd control. In the past Princess never charged for hot chocolate at the buffet. This was the first time we had to pay for hot chocolate while on the cruise. I cannot drink coffee or tea so I was upset to discover this new charge. Also, if you want a coffee or tea at the International Cafe, Princess now charges their guest, where in the past they did not. This is absurd. They appear to be looking for new ways to rip off the consumer. Day 9. My excursion today was in Edinburgh. The excursion was delayed by 1/2 hour due to the disorganization of the staff. Day 10. As the cruise continued, staff had finally worked out some of the kinks with the shore excursion and the food selection had improved. By the end of the cruise it appeared everyone on the cruise was either sick or getting sick. I myself got sick on the last day of the cruise. Since the cruise transitioned from Fort Lauderdale, and there were still approximately 1,200 guests on-board, I do not think staff had adequate time to fully sanitize the ship. Additionally, guests were getting off and on at different ports along the cruise. Plus waiting in long lines at the ports in the cold did not help the situation. Our room steward did not properly put our disembarkation tags where we could find them. When we finally did, we noticed they were not for the time was asked customer service to exit the ship. We had to go back to customer service again to get the correct tags for disembarkation. Day 11. We took an excursion to Paris which was definitely not long enough; three hours each way on the bus, leaving only four hours to see Paris. It would have been great while in ports such as Paris and Edinburgh they had overnight stays. Plus they should offer face masks to their guests for the bus ride to avoid getting sick. Day 12. The night before the end of the cruise, we noticed the tag was missing off the water they offered for sale, that we never used. When we looked at our bill we noticed a charge for the water. We asked our steward about the charge and he said the bottle was opened which was an outright lie. We went to customer service and they reversed the charge. Seriously, it’s going to take a lot for me to cruise again on Princess.

Dazed and Confused

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Azallie

Seriously, it’s going to take a lot for me to cruise again on Princess.
Azallie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
Not up to par from prior Princess cruises.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins