3. Serenade of the Seas
Chose this cruise for its ports. Entertainment was good the first 10 days, but how many times can you listen to an island band play same songs night after night while making up words. Also headliner shows were too loud and not very good. One night was cruise director singing songs from early 1900, and a lot of people got up and left' Food was good, except for spare ribs in MDR. Couldn't even cut them off the bone. Wouldn't have served them to guests at my house. Windjammer food was good, but only thing hot was the soups. I like my food hot not tepid. Turn up the heat lamps. Shows in centrum were also very loud. Loud doesn't make it good. A lot of times you couldn't understand what they were saying. Ship was in good shape for its age, and staff was friendly. We had an ocean room cabin and it is just like any cabin on any other ship. We don't spend a lot of time in cabin, so we aren't hung up on cabin type. This is my opinion, and I am not trying to pursuade any one to choose this ship or not. I have never been on a bad cruise, even when we missed 2 days in Israel, or when we went around 2 hurricanes. We just enjoyed the new adventure. My take is we are all different in our expectations, God made us that way for a purpose, so get on board and enjoy the ride, Its a vacation, not a status.

Good, Bad, Ugly

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by chev29

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
Chose this cruise for its ports.

Ship was in good shape for its age, and staff was friendly.

chev29’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 3N 7012
Didn't spend alot of time in cabin. Was always clean and neat.. Cabins are mostly same on all ships. Don't really care as all cabins get to port at same time.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins