3. Symphony of the Seas
We ended up on this cruise by accident - we were originally scheduled to cruise on the Navigator sailing that was meant to be the first sailing after the renovation. When we found out our original cruise was cancelled, we immediately called and got on one of the only ships available. After the horrible customer service by the land side crew (hung up on, laughed at, and told we didn't matter), we booked a cruise 3X the original price of our Navigator sailing. Symphony, after all of the tears and trouble of being cancelled and treated like garbage by customer service, gave us the cruise of a lifetime. The crew on board were absolutely incredible! From the moment we walked into the building at Port Miami, the customer service was stellar. We got stuck with My Time dining due to booking the cruise only 10 days before sailing and we were weary and worried about having to make reservations every day. The staff at the dining room were able to make us a standing reservation for the entire trip. After our first night with Andreea and Kunal, we knew we HAD to sit in their area every night. We made the request and they worked their magic - we had them for all 7 nights and they were honestly the highlight of the trip. We looked forward to dinner each night, returning from our day out and about excited to tell them about what we experienced and to find out how their day went. By the end of the trip, we had inside jokes and everything. I wish I could have them on every trip. The ship in general is absolutely beautiful - everything is so clean and there are helpful staff everywhere. We were hardly able to see it all during our 7 night stay. Central Park is beautiful and the promenade has so much going on. The rooms were so well designed - our party was in 2 different interior rooms. Having seen an interior on Enchantment (which was my first cruise and I had a balcony room), I was afraid it would feel cramped in an interior. That was not the case at all! The updated look makes it feel like you're in a modern hotel room. The housekeeping staff was also very accommodating - any time we passed him in the hall, he made sure we had everything we needed. The noise levels were also non-existent. Maybe we just had good neighbors, but once we were in the room, we couldn't hear anything else! The shows on board were incredible. Royal's production of Hairspray rivals any Broadway production. The cast were stellar - and so personable! We were able to do a backstage tour of the production and it was so much fun. Our ports were Roatan, Honduras; Cozumel, Mexico; Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico; and Nassau, Bahamas. Roatan was so beautiful, I want to continue to find ships that stop there! I have never seen water so blue. We did not do a shore excursion in Costa Maya but did explore the shops in Port and you could fill a day just shopping and exploring right there! Our shore excursion in Cozumel was a major disappointment and we thought a waste of money - we did the ship offered dune buggies with snorkeling and a beach trip. They took us to the windy side of the island for the beach and admitted that it's rare that you are able to swim there due to such high winds and under currents. The snorkeling was very bare - although the guides were a lot of fun, it was not worth it at all. And Nassau is my least favorite place - busy and all I feel is harassed as soon as I step off the boat. We only got off the ship because one person in our party had never been - we make it a point to find cruises that do not include Nassau. Overall, we had an absolutely wonderful time on Symphony, but it is not without its flaws. Being such a large ship, you hardly have time to see everything on board, but at the same time we found ourselves bored and waiting for something to do. Because the ship relies so heavily on its built in entertainment, things like trivia and shows are spaced out quite far. We found ourselves so many times, going from one activity to another and having to wait a long time for it to start simply because if we tried to do something in between, it would take too long to get back! You absolutely MUST preplan everything - and having booked little more than a week ahead of time, most shows and shore excursions were gone. We had to show up to shows way ahead of time to be able to get in and see them. The scheduling also makes it impossible to see shows more than once without sacrificing seeing another show. The casino is beautiful, but often very full! I did however appreciate that because of its size, I barely noticed the smoking session. Last but not least, we hardly ever saw our cruise Director! When I sailed on Enchantment, our cruise Director Cruisin' Susan was involved with everything and she made the short trip feel like a week long party! I certainly prefer the smaller ships, but a trip on Symphony is a must just to experience the service and grandeur such a beast provides.

Beautiful ship, Excellent Service!

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by Anichs2012

Anichs2012’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas price drops

• Dune Buggy
    Overpriced to just drive around and look at mangroves. Couldn't swim because of rough waves and they admitted that you can rarely swim on that side of the island
    View All 94 Dune Buggy Reviews
  • Beach
    Bluest waters we ever saw and on the bus ride over (approx 30 minutes) our driver told us interesting facts about the island. If you have mobility issues, the van is very cramped and not conducive to those that need assistance.
  • Snorkeling