3. Golden Princess
I can only give this ship an average review because it did not meet up to the standards of our other Princess cruises. First of all, the food in the buffet was not very appetizing. We chose to have our lunch at the International Cafe where the food was a little better but only marginally so. There was just not enough variety in both venues. Our experience in the Dining Room was what we expected. The service was very good and the meals tasty. Secondly, the production shows were just OK. The singers were good but the dancers or more specifically the choreography was not very good. I fell asleep through all three shows. Nathan Than was very entertaining. We enjoyed both his shows. Thirdly, the ship is showing it's age. Our interior cabin was comfortable after they fixed the hot water control in the shower. However, the shower curtain was too short so water ran all over the floor. I just wiped myself down the whole week after that. There are some positives. The bed was very comfortable and Anne, our Cabin Steward was very helpful and she seemed to know when to show up and when to not disturb us. The Voice of the Ocean is not fair the way it is currently run. During the first day of auditions, there were 10 people who signed up. All 10 were very good singers. Unfortunately, there was not very many people in the Explorer Lounge and only a few voted. On the second night of auditions there were only 7 people that signed up to audition but there was around twice the number of people who watched and a lot more voted. You can see the imbalance. The auditions should be held over one night to select the finalists. Speaking of karaoke. The karaoke nights only lasted an hour. There were many who gathered up the nerve to sing but could not because there was not enough time. I think karaoke should be at least 1.5 hours long. I am a loyal Princess cruiser and this experience has not changed my mind about cruising with Princess. On future cruises, I will consider Princess Cruises but will no longer consider the Golden Princess.

Sorry to advise that I have to give our sailing only a mediocre review

Golden Princess Cruise Review by barrydang

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

barrydang’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC A514
When we first entered our cabin, it was what we expected. However, when my wife took a shower, she stated that there was no water pressure (which is normal for all cruise lines) and no hot water (which is not normal). In my inspection, I found that the hot water dial was jammed at it's coldest point. This was soon fixed when we told our Anne our Steward about it. The shower curtain is too short and it left a gap in the base of the shower. When I showered, there was water all over the floor.
Also, we expected the fridge to be a fridge and not a glorified cooler. It did not get cold enough for us to chill our soft drinks.
We must give Anne a lot of credit because she was cheerful, helpful and knew when to do her job as to not disturb us. A+ for Anne.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins