• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin:
Tenders
Razor blade that went into my foot

I went on this cruise with 4 other friends. This was my first cruise but some of the others I traveled with have been on many cruises but after seeing what I endured this will be their last with Carnival.

I am handicapped from the waist down & utilize an electric wheelchair to get around. We rented a handicapped suite which had plenty of room but we also had to pay extra for the suite to fit my wheelchair. I didn’t mind.

Never at any time was I told or warned that there were decks of the ship that I wouldn’t be able to access. Not even in an e-mail. When on board some of friends went to deck 12 and I was trying to get to them. I spent over 2hrs going from 1 location to another, at the direction of crew members to get on the deck. There was a screen on the deck & supposedly I could get there behind this screen. Nope! 2 hrs I spent I felt like an idiot & degraded. I ended up back in my room crying. I also couldn’t get on the adult deck only, deck 11. Nor could I go into the Spa, which would have been great for my medical issues & not just for vanity reasons.

1 Helpful Vote