3. Royal Princess
We wanted to visit South America and Antarctica with US ports of embarkation and disembarkation. My wife is recovering from a stroke. The special accommodations made by Princess/Carnival for her physical challenges were..adequate. Apparently unbeknownst to the company, on board were both an acupuncturist and personal trainer (Alexandar Stankovic) who had specialized training in stroke recovery! Both provided exceptional service toward continuing my wife's recovery progress and were the unexpected and unplannable, apparently, highlight of trip. The WiFi was great..we were streaming movies on Netflix off Cape Horn. Matt O'Brien was cruise director. He has got to be the best cruise director plying the seven seas. We booked a 56 day voyage in the future simply to be aboard a ship again with Matt as cruise director. Stewards were exceptional. Food was as expected. Excursions were good for us. Still have somewhat of a dispute with Princess about an excursion to Antarctica booked 6 months in advance at $3500/person. I bought the excursion after vetting with Princess and our physicians all available info to ensure my wife would physically be able to participate. Once aboard and hence beyond re-fund cancellation deadline, the description of activity changed (for example, ranking changed from 'easy/moderate' to strenuous. Instead of 'weather permitting zodiac ride to Ardley Island to view wildlife' it became a 'two mile hike across rocky beach to view wildlife'. Trip insurance denied claim which I filed at suggestion of very professional and compassionate excursion department personnel aboard. All and all a truly fantastic voyage, even if we end up eating $7k from excursion debacle.

Brilliant Ship, Crew, and Itinerary

Royal Princess Cruise Review by davejbillingsley

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Antarctica
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The WiFi was great..we were streaming movies on Netflix off Cape Horn.

Stewards were exceptional. Food was as expected. Excursions were good for us.

davejbillingsley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB C506
Cabin was comfortable and well maintained.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins