3. Mariner of the Seas
I'll start off with the disclaimer that I am comparing this to all of our previous family cruises in non-suite staterooms. We were fortunate, however, to get into the family suite for a reasonable price by booking early. With that said, our 4 night adventure on Mariner of the Seas was outstanding. This was my first time on Mariner of the Seas, but I have been on other Voyager class ships before. I think these ships are the perfect size to offer a variety of things to do without feeling crowded or rushed. Fortunately, the folks at RCI coupled that with a nice mix of entertainment and activities that were aptly timed to blend with the itinerary. We had a couple opportunities for laser tag and it was a blast. We had time for the Flowrider and water slides without lines that were discouraging. We had time for shows, movies in the theater, movies on the pool deck, sun time, and more without feeling rushed! We got to experience a lot of what the ship and ports of call had to offer without compromising much needed relaxation time in between. If you have read any of my previous reviews, you know that I have somewhat high expectations when it comes to service. This cruise defined what great service is. Yes, the room was kept clean and drinks were served promptly and courteously. There was never really a long wait for anything. I could go on and on, but I would rather recognize two specific individuals that went above and beyond to ensure everyone in our party knew that they were valued guests on board Mariner of the Seas. Sam, our waiter in the Suite Lounge, got to know our names and drinks on the first day. After that, Sam had drinks in our hand within minutes of walking in. This includes the eight year olds' Shirley Temples with extra cherries! In addition to making sure that we had everything before we knew we wanted it, Sam was a great conversationalist. In the main dining room, we were greeted every night by head waiter Jean Paul. He made sure that the kids enjoyed themselves by offering special treats for whoever finished dinner. This was nice in itself, but he really stood out when we encountered him in the Windjammer while having breakfast. Jean Paul took the time to show a first time cruiser how to get a cooked-to-order omelette. I mean, he literally walked her through the process. Could it have been figured out? Sure, but he insisted on helping. Mariner of the Seas packed a medley of entertainment and activities into this four night cruise, delivered with exemplary service in an impeccably clean and easy to navigate ship.

Medley of fun & relaxation with perfect service.

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Medic9701

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite - 2 Bedrooms

Medic9701’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 2 Bedrooms
Cabin GT 9694
Spacious with great views. Comfortable master bedroom with more than enough closet space for 4 night cruises. Master bathroom bathtub needed a new drain plug and wouldn't hold water, but temperature and pressure of showers was excellent.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins