3. Celebrity Silhouette
We sailed a repositioning transatlantic cruise. Pros This is my 43rd cruise and I haven’t been on a cruise I haven’t absolutely loved. This cruise was no exception. The staff were eager to make sure we were happy, especially our superior cabin steward, Martin. This particular cruise they were very generous with the “elite” 5 to 7 pm cocktail time. We had an obstructed view balcony on deck 6. When we walked into the cabin we could see no obstruction, but once up at the window we looked down on the top of a tender. We were happy with this cabin since there was no obstruction looking out. To those who say cabins have limited storage, perhaps they were unaware there is a lot of storage in cupboards above the bed. Cons While the main dining room and cafeteria food has a pretty good selection and is good quality, its not as good as it used to be, however its still better, in my opinion, than the other cruiselines. For food, I rank the lines best to worst as: Celebrity, Cunard, Princess, Carnival, Holland America and NCL. We only sailed Royal Caribbean once about 20 years ago, so I haven’t included it in my ranking. We all have different tastes and standards. I list this so you get an idea of mine for comparison. Another cut back is on activities and prizes. Many competitions amounted to go play amongst yourselves, or simply, the equipment was left out, although sometimes we had to ask for the equipment and by the time it arrived, we’d decided to do something else. There were only 3 activity staff and the cruise director for 2500 passengers. Whenever the play was against the officers, game time was clearly rushed so they could get back to work. Would have been better to simply not include them. Scrap paper was provided instead of regular numbered paper for Trivia since we were told “printed paper is expensive”. Guess it was an honest comment, usually the standard line is “we’re going green”. I didn’t care either way, but if they think paper is expensive, they’re forgetting the increasingly add on costs of cruising for passengers. Internet connection is pathetic. It does not work in the cabin, only sitting on the floor in the hallway, the ilounge or down at customer service will get you on. I only wanted to print a few pages of a document. The process took 50 minutes. (Get connected, email the document to myself, use ship’s computer to pull up the email, then print.) I didn’t use all my minutes. It was too much of an aggravation. Believe it or not, the IT person said I needed to delete my firewall in order to make the connection faster! My Hewlet Packard laptop is 4 years old. This didn’t explain why the ship’s computer was slow too. Bottom line, the internet connection borders on impossible, unless of course you get up in the middle of the night.

Good cruise, but cruisin' just ain't what it used to be

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Cammy8

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (obstructed view)
We sailed a repositioning transatlantic cruise.

Pros

Cons

Cammy8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda (obstructed view)
Cabin 2D 6263
The view was unobstructed looking outward, directly below us was tenders. Didn't bother us much. I like the drapes open at all times, but there were lights on outside all night long, we had to draw them. Not sure if balconies higher up had this problem.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins