3. Ovation of the Seas
To meet friends from New Zealand to Vancouver. It was spring break in Australia so you can guess how many children were traveling free on board. It was a zoo. II was assigned to cabin 8292 which is located where the decks are aligned to the exterior outline of lower decks of the ship. Embarkation went smoothly, but we were parked in a lobby area near the Schooner's lounge until the rooms were ready. The room seemed small as the queen bed was at the balcony door. Only about 6 inches from the closed curtain. All night long the wind howled. This noise was generated by the wind flowing past the door that separated the 2 balconies. Not the balcony door of the cabin. I reported this problem to guest services at least on 3 different occasions and finally a maintenance man was sent to my room to inspect the problem. He wanted to have the seal on the cabin-balcony door cleaned. Once I demonstrated that the problem was outside the room and there was no way to fix the problem, He agreed. The balcony was unusable due this noise. We were unable to use it for the entire trip except when at port. Royal Caribbean wanted to give use a $588 credit for a future cruise which is not going to happen. They gave me $150 on-board credit. Dining: I only ate 2 lunches in the dining rooms. All other meals were taken in the Windjammer buffet. I found the meals in the buffet much better quality and variety. The service in the buffet was just okay. Other cruise line buffets have been much better. Embarkation: Was excellent. My wife needed a wheel chair and the terminal got us on board without any hang ups. Enrichment Activities: The 2 speakers were very good. They knew their topics and were interesting and entertaining. Entertainment: Not great. Only saw 2 productions shows and the Pixels twice. Fitness and Recreation: A lot of activities available, but not utilized. On Board Experience: On board with 5000 other passengers not very good. Always a crowd. Public Rooms: Always crowded! Service: The stewards, wait staff in dining rooms were good. The guest service staff were knowledgeable, polite and helpful. Shore Excursions: Took a bus tour of Moorea which was interesting, reasonably price and worth the visit. Value for Money: I felt that my cabin says it all. Charged for a balcony room which was not much better that an inside cabin due to the wind noise.

Repositioning cruise Sydney to Honolulu. 3 days in Sydney and 2 days in Honolulu

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review by billInge

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Entertainment: Not great. Only saw 2 productions shows and the Pixels twice.

Fitness and Recreation: A lot of activities available, but not utilized.

Public Rooms: Always crowded!

billInge’s Full Rating Summary