3. Mariner of the Seas
We are diamond members after loyally cruising with Royal Caribbean and wanted a weekend getaway for Mother's Day. Perk 1 - gone - Since you have to bid/gamble your money to get an upgrade, I guess RC did away with rewarding Diamond members with occasional upgrades. Perk 2 - gone - Viking Crown Lounge was packed 10 minutes after 5pm so there was no seating to be found. Food was on a kitchen counter behind a semi wall. You stood in a long line to order a drink at a table littered with bottles. This was supposed to be another Diamond member perk, free appetizers and drinks from 5 to 8pm at the Viking Lounge overlooking the boat/water. Perk 3 - gone - They no longer provide special blocked off seating for Diamond members at shows and events. Perk 4 - gone - Disembarking early. Used to be second off the ship only behind self assist and Pinnacle members. Our luggage tags said "39" on them making us the second to last to leave the ship! I'm so sad to say that I wasted all my time cruising on RC only to have no loyalty rewards after all this time. I was using a RC credit card to establish points for spending money on the cruises but now I'll have to switch to another type of card to accumulate points for a different cruise line. The stateroom attendant Ketut was amazing. Our room was always spotless and he was such a kind person and always smiling. That was about the best thing I can say about the cruise other than we really enjoyed the ice show. An older man fell going down the steep stairs on the way to a seat and had to be assisted out due to a severe head injury. Kind of put a damper on the event. The spa was good but I hate the pressure afterward to buy very expensive products. I can buy them on Amazon if I want them so why pressure me and make my relaxing spa time stressful? The food was good and now that they have arranged the setup differently it is not so crowded to pick out your meal. Still, never enough seating and I wonder if that's because people choose not to use the dining room anymore. Overall it was a slap in the face to start using other cruise lines.

Diamond Member Disappointment

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Cartersangel

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Overall it was a slap in the face to start using other cruise lines.
Cartersangel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V 6227
The cabin was a good size with plenty of storage. I picked it because it was a short distance from the elevators/stairs.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins