3. Star Princess
We chose this cruise because we could sail to Alaska for 12 days plus no airfare as it left from Los Angeles. This was the main factor for choosing Princess. Having sailed many times with Princess we were expecting the best as we had always experienced before. We have always rated the food quality with Princess equal with Celebrity----no more. I can honestly say the Star Princess dining experience was the worst we have ever had with Princess and it ranks among the world of any cruise experience and we are not choose eaters. The dining room staff and service were great as usual---clean as usual--but the food was not good. I ordered a pork chop one night that I could not cut. I requested a steak knife and still could not cut it. Finally they brought me fettuccine. My wife had a beef pot pie. The beef was like shoe leather, she couldn't eat it. We ate at the steak house 4 times to avoid the dining room. The steak house was fantastic. For over 50 years I have taken my coffee with half & half and never had a problem on a cruise except this time. The Star Princess does not carry it--your choice is milk or skim milk. You can request heavy cream if you can get a staff member to go to the kitchen to get it. Talking with other people at dinner our opinion of the food quality seemed to be a common opinion.

Worst Dining Room food ever on Princess

Bahama Tim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA C519
Extra large closet space. This category has a double large balcony. Great bed comfort.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins