3. Norwegian Escape
All in all the cruise was very nice. My wife and I liked Bermuda the last time we sailed there. Pros: Restaurants were top notch. We had selected the specialty restaurant package last time we cruised, and this time my wife said: "The food and service is so good in the complimentary restaurants, we don't need the specialty restaurant package". Entertainment was great. We only took advantage of a couple of the venues, but they were very entertaining. We attended our first art auction. Mostly because we were curious. There were a couple pieces we could afford, but most was WAY out of our league. Staff was friendly and conscientious. Cabin was a Balcony, and had more than enough room for me and my wife. The shower stall was smaller compared to a mini-suite, but it was sufficient for our needs. Cons: Ship was too big with too many people for us. We will most likely choose a smaller ship next time. At Taste and Savor restaurants, they had salt and pepper mills that looked exactly alike. Sometimes we had a salt and a pepper, but had to try them over a dish first. Sometimes we had two salts, and sometimes we had two peppers. Be careful with the internet if you buy it. You log on using "login" and log off using "logoff". It's usually "login / logout" or "logon / logoff". I made a mistake and burned through a couple hours of my 250 minutes. The friendly internet manager gave it back to me without an argument. Karaoke: They only had one tablet for signing up to sing. There was no list posted for the songs that they had. So you had to search over and over for songs you knew that they didn't have. I have mentioned to them twice that they ought to have loose leaf binders with lists of songs for people to browse before they order. The Cigar Lounge: This is one of the most important amenities for me. I enjoy sitting down in comfort enjoying a fine cigar and I choose Norwegian because many of their ships have indoor Cigar Lounges that are roomy and comfortable. On our last cruise on the Breakaway, the cigar lounge sat next to an indoor bar with a door to the outdoor bar on the deck. Cigarette smokers were allowed to sit at the bar and at the tables to smoke on the deck. They even had a couple of tables fenced off for cigar smokers. On the Escape they changed these rules. So all the cigar and cigarette smokers crowded into the Cigar Lounge taking up all the seats and putting out a smoke load that the air handlers couldn't take care of. On the first night, when I walked in at 9:00 the smoke in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. When I left, my clothes stunk so bad, I designated that outfit as my "smoking outfit" and changed into it each time I wanted to use the Cigar Lounge. It was like this at least half the time when I was in the Cigar Lounge. I felt bad also for the cigarette smokers many of who waved their hand in front of their scrunched up face when they walked in. This was a huge disappointment, and will prompt me to consider other Cruise Lines. If the Cigar Lounge isn't enjoyable, then what's the sense.

Cigar Lovers Beware

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by cl00bie

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Pros:

Staff was friendly and conscientious.

Cons:

The Cigar Lounge:

cl00bie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 12214
Very roomy and comfortable cabin with an excellent cabin steward.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins