3. Norwegian Bliss
My Experience My experience on the Norwegian Bliss was my first cruise ever, as well as my husband's. We decided to do our honeymoon on the Bliss because we were struck with the Go-Kart on the ship since we both have a love for go-karting. That was so much fun! It was FAST and exciting! I have to say that we want to do the cruise again soon and take the kids. If you appreciate smaller things, you will appreciate a trip to Mexico for 7 days! I don't get all the negative remarks on these reviews, but I am grateful for small things in life! There was over 4000 people on the ship and most of the time, it didn’t feel over-crowded. The only time it was crowded is when a show is let out and the exercise drill. There was a couple of nights that it felt like a ghost-town, most everyone was turned in for the night or hiding somewhere! Haha! About the Ship The ship was beautiful! I have never seen anything so big and beautiful. I couldn't get enough pictures. This trip was a big deal for both of us and we were just so excited to see something that we have never experienced before. We walked all over the ship and tried to see every inch of the ship since it was such a beautiful thing. I am grateful that we had this opportunity to experience an awesome vacation on this big beautiful boat! I am pretty sure we poked around just about every corner except for the Haven area. Our Cabin Room Our room was the Mid-Ship Stateroom with Balcony on the 13th Deck and I wouldn't pick any other room on board. We had originally picked out a room on 5th deck that was in the center and I am glad we decided to upgrade twice to get a room with the balcony. I felt it was plenty of room with just the both of us. I can bet it would be plenty if I had my kids with me. We were confused at how to keep the light on in our cabin and later learned that we had to keep the room key in the slot (learned this from avid fellow cruiser)! Our room was kept cleaned every day and we had a surprise waiting for us every time we came back to our room. Thank you, Larry, for outstanding services with the cabin and we were excited to see each animal towels left just for us! We are also very thankful for the Honeymoon Package waiting for us when we first entered the cabin. That was a very nice touch! When leaving on our final day, we waited until the last minute on the night before the last day to get two new beach towels and to my dismay, we never got them – oh well – we have another souvenir that we are happy with. Dining Experience (Specialty, Buffet included) I have to say that I was really impressed with all the Specialty Dining we had. We got the Dining Package that consist of 3 Specialty Dining and our choices were The Q, Teppanyaki and Los Labos. Of course, we made reservations at The Taste, Manhatten Room and visited The Local few times. For our Honeymoon package, we had our romantic dinner at Le Bistro which was very lovely and completely enjoyed ourselves. I was happy with a bottle of Bubbly which was delicious and a bottle of white wine that we took back to our room later. Breakfast was pretty much at the Garden Café every morning and occasional lunch. I just know we ate so much food and loved every bit of it. I had an issue with couple of things on my plate that I have chosen but overall really good food. I am just thankful there was plenty to go around! We also had the drink package and that was the best thing ever as we drank whatever we wanted throughout the day. Never got drunk or felt any hangover. It was perfect! Entertainment & Activities We saw most of the shows such as the Comedy Night at the Social, The Havana!, The Jersey Boys and not to mention the International Talent Show done by most of the crewmembers! OUTSTANDING! I was happy with all the shows and completely enjoyed myself. It was a very relaxing atmosphere and loved every minute of it. My husband was enjoying himself as well. We both absolutely love the Go-Karts and did that four times. Although I never made it up on the board, I had so much fun! Mini-golf was cute, it was so small though. I believe more creation in the mini-golf would be ideal. We hung out by the pool a couple of days and went to most of the themed party. I am confused as to why there were children at the H2O when it clearly shows “Adults Only – 21 and over?” Same thing with children in the Adult Only pool. I heard complaint about the pool being overcrowded but I didn’t feel like it was. I have seen worse overcrowded pools before. We did not opt to play the Laser Tag, it just wasn’t our thing but man it looked fun. We didn’t have the chance to check out the Hot Tub – it was always full of people or shut down. Shore Excursions Experiences Puerto Vallarta: We chose Tequila Town, Country and Farm Excursion and it was a pleasant tour. The tour guidance, Hugo was excellent. I love his trilling R’s! I enjoyed the tour through the town and the church especially. However, I was a little disappointed in the town itself, it was so run down and dirty. The local folks looked so depressed, sitting outside their shop waiting for business, that I just wanted to jump back onto the happy ship! Once we got to the Tequila Farm, the fun started heating up with 6 samples of tequilas and loved them all! Had a nice little lunch with authentic tacos and then we did a little bit of shopping on our own when we got back to the port and bought some souvenirs! Mazatlán: We chose the Hike the Lighthouse Excursion because we both love to hike and explore the nature. Our reservation was in the high time of the day, so it was a bit warm. Thankfully I had my big brim hat on since I had gotten sunburn days before from chilling out by the pool. Our tour guide was very friendly and did an awesome job with the tour. I made it all the way to the top at the Lighthouse after going up over 340 something steps! It was a struggle, but we did it! Great team support as I had some couples encouraging me along the way because I was nearly giving up. Good hike though! Again, did some quick shopping at the port before loading back up on the big happy boat! We only saw a small part of the downtown area and it was a little more colorful than Puerto Vallarta! Cabo, San Lucas We chose the Snorkeling, Paddle board and Kayak adventure and I will NEVER forget this trip! We got on this awesome boat that was pretty fast and bee-bopped across the water to our final destination. Before we headed that way, we toured around the most beautiful rock formations ever! It was a sight to see! Once we got to our destination, we explored the beautiful sea down under with our snorkeling gear! I am so thankful for the photographer that was with us because he got some awesome pictures of us swimming below – holding hands and pointing at fish! I was so thankful for such a beautiful time! I spent few moments on the kayak and we had to head back. Not enough time for such a great adventure! Then we saw the jumping baby whale having the time of its life! Thank you, Lord, for such a beauty in sight! I am truly thankful for the Cabo Adventure for such a wonderful adventure! They had tons of photos for us to take back home on a flash drive for a small cost! We did some quick shopping as we had to head back to the happy ship at 1:30 pm and it was lined up for miles! No complaint as it was all smooth-sailing! I was sad to be leaving so soon as we wanted to explore more. Like someone else said in the review, we are flying back to explore more! Farewell: On our final day, it was so very hard to leave the boat. I had tears in my eyes as I was saying goodbye to all the staff. They were all outstanding, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. We were greeted every day, throughout the day! All of our waiters/waitresses did such an amazing job and I can't thank them all enough! We are coming back for sure and pick another destination as traveling has been on our bucket list for a while! To our surprise, we didn’t spend a whole lot as we paid for everything in advanced and that was a nice plan! I tried to add some photos but I am having issues with the download.

First Time Cruiser - FANTASTIC!!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by tgcooper72

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
My Experience

About the Ship

Our Cabin Room

Dining Experience (Specialty, Buffet included)

Entertainment & Activities

Shore Excursions Experiences

Puerto Vallarta:

Mazatlán:

Cabo, San Lucas

Farewell:

I tried to add some photos but I am having issues with the download.
tgcooper72’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 13760
Plenty of room and lots of storage. Just perfect for a couple and maybe another person or two. Staff kept our room clean everyday and left cute little towel animals!
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins