• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Horatio Hornblower
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Spa Balcony Stateroom

My wife and I just returned from a 7 day Alaska Cruise on board the Bliss. Date of trip was 5/5-5/12. This is our 12th cruise and third on Norwegian. As with any vacation you get out of it what you put into it and we had a great time. My goal was simply to return to Alaska and see a part of the state that we hadn't seen before. Decades ago I was stationed in the interior.

Embarkation: All of our prior cruises departed Galveston or Miami, if you have had experience departing from these locations then you will find the terminal at Seattle is very different. We flew in the day before and visited the Museum of Flight located at Boeing Field. I'm a Air Force vet so this was a required stop. I highly recommend this visit. We then went to Pikes Market for dinner but bailed out because the place was packed with people. Be advised that if you travel in Seattle off of the main streets there appeared to be no stop signs on the side streets.

The board process is very difficult because of what they have to work with in regards of space. Unloading and loading happens on the shoulder of the road which is a very busy street. We boarded on the first day of the season so we didn't have to contend with off loading passengers. We parked at the parking garage, then hiked across a sky bridge to the terminal. There is only one elevator from the bridge to the ground. Then we dropped off our bags and stood outside awaiting to enter, thankfully it wasn't raining. Checking in was very easy.

Spa Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B9

I probably wouldn't choose this stateroom again as my wife didn't use the spa to really offset the price. However the location was outstanding. We were one deck below the buffet which was just a short walk and on the same deck as the observation lounge. The rooms are a bit smaller then normal with less space but there was enough room for two of us.

Find a Norwegian Bliss Cruise from $356