3. Harmony of the Seas
My husband and I cruised on the Harmony of the Seas for our Anniversary. We were interested to cruise on a big boat without the price tag of a seven day cruise. Harmony gave two, three day cruises in early May before it started regular seven day cruises from Port Canaveral. We were excited to take advantage of the opportunity. Harmony is a very, very beautiful boat. She is new, updated, sleek and technologically advanced. The decks are so huge. I can see where it would be easy to become lost. But, after a few days, its easy to catch on. The boat is divided by colors: blue, green, yellow, and orange. But, if the halls and stairs were labeled, I missed it. We had a great cruise and would sail on Harmony again. But, cruisers must be prepared for a TON of people. There are people and lines everywhere for the first day. Then, it starts to even out. Thus, embarkation was very, very crowded. But, we made it through security and onto the boat in just about 25 minutes. We chose to park off site at the Raddison in Port Canaveral and it was efficient and easy. Food: We totally avoided the Windjammer on the first day and made a beeline to the Solarium buffet, which was delicious and had plenty of options (the Solarium didn’t open until Noon on embarkation day). The Solarium never seemed crowded and there were always plenty of shade and chairs. We also had a bite at Park Café and Sorrentos; both were very good. Park Café offered an awesome bagel bar in the mornings and it was actually really, really good. We ate one hot dog at the hot dog stand on the Boardwalk, and tried to get several more hot dogs… but the hours were squirrely and even when the hot dog stand appeared open, staff would not serve… very strange and kind of frustrating. We ate dinners in the Main Dining Room, which provided great service and great food. One night, we were out of the Main Dining Room, within about 65 minutes, which was awesome! We also requested a table for two during breakfast in the Main Dining Room. After a little humming and hawing, we were accommodated, which was really nice! I was SO disappointed the Main Dining Room was not open for lunch when we were in port at Nassau. I was really looking forward to avoiding Windjammer and having a relaxing lunch… but no luck. On the day we were in port, there were only two (free) food options available…. Windjammer and Park Café. Since we had yet to be at Windjammer, we decided to bite the bullet and try it. It was crowded, but the food was very good. They even had a ice cream bar in the back, with staff scooping different flavors. That was very unexpected and very nice! So, I should not slam the Windjammer too much. But, the best dining experience we had was at Jamie Olivers. I highly recommend up charging to Jamie’s. We went for lunch and it was the highlight of our cruise. The service from Daniel was suburb and the food was absolutely amazing! We let it slip it was our Anniversary, and they treated us so very well. Casino: We had fun playing in the casino. The craps minimum was $10 and we found low-limits for Blackjack in the cruise compass for $6. The dealers were fun and the crowd was great too. Shows: When checking in online, I noticed there were options to reserve seats for the shows. So, I was confused when there were TONS of people in long lines to get show reservations. Then, when we went to the shows, there was no one “checking” to make sure we had reservations. I inquired about this, as I was confused. If you arrive at the shows 10 minutes prior to start time, the show becomes general seating and anyone is welcome. We never had a problem getting a seat and we arrived just moments before the show started. I didn’t care for the water show, but my husband loved it. My husband walked out of Grease, and said it was boring with no sets and inconsistent dancing. But, we both agreed Columbus was THE BEST SHOW we’ve ever seen on a cruise boat. Columbus was totally entertaining, funny, and we didn’t want it to end. The Ice Show was good too. There were men dressed as women in the opening scene, which was very painful to watch (it seemed to be purposeful and part of the show). But, after that, the ice show got a lot better. Water Slides/Abyss Slide: The Ultimate Abyss is one awesome slide! You start on Deck 15, aft and slide down to the Boardwalk. The slide is not scary. It has fun lights, wind, and sounds during the slide. The best part is even before sliding… the view at the top of the slide are amazing. You are allowed to have a cell phone (they show you how to tuck it away) and you can tuck away sun glasses too. If you have bare shoulders, bring a sweater or shirt to wear, as they won’t allow uncovered shoulders. Don’t bring your coke glass, as you’ll have to leave it and then retrieve it later. This looked like a giant pain for guests. On the flip side, the water slides on Deck 15, forward were very, very disappointing. The Perfect Storm was a disaster from the beginning. The lifeguard at the bottom of the slide made us remove everything…. Jewelry, sunglasses, waterSOCKs, and even my WATERPROOF watch. This was a complete turn off, as we had to take valuables back to the room and leave flip flops and watersocks by our chairs. Then, we had to trudge through the boat, barefoot, which was gross to me. The lines were long and they are overly cautious with when guests can slide. Once on the slide, it was so slow, dark, boring, and especially slow, I was glad when it finally ended. Honestly, my hair didn’t even get wet. Did I mention how SLOW the ride was? So, this made us even more frustrated… why have us remove all our jewelry, go barefoot, with THAT SLOW of a ride?? It was a complete turn off. Save your time and go on the Ultimate Abyss or do anything that’s fun. It would have been helpful to know there are more “rules,” besides the ones posted on the signs. I hope by reading this review I’ve saved you some time. Diamond Lounge: The Diamond Lounge was wonderful with great service. The food was good and the drinks were plentiful. Since there were so many Diamonds on the cruise, they opened up a second option for lounging, which I thought was a really nice touch. Thank you!

Great ship even with tons of people

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by babie22559

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Balcony

babie22559’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Central Park View Balcony
Cabin 1J 14235
Plenty of room, comfy bed, great service from our attendant. If you're looking for a true Central Park experience/balcony, I would err on the side of decks 10-12. We were on Deck 14 and only had a view of Central Park if we looked WAY down. We mostly saw the pool deck, which was fun too.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins