3. Westerdam
I choose this 15 day cruise to get away from my regular daily life and it was great for that. 6 days at sea, including 5-6m waves for a couple days. The food ands staff was great as I remember it from my other HAL cruises. But the Westerdam state of repair is sad. So many little things broken. Lights in public bathroom about to fall out, fan in elevator running at full speed as it is burning up (you could smell the plastic melting), hot bench in Thermal Suite out of order since February (3 months). 1 sauna not working at all, 1 sauna on its last leg, including a thermometer just wedged into mount and could have fallen during heavy sea and create tiny glass splinters, etc. etc. The central sound system for the Greenhouse Spa was also broken for weeks and so it was music everywhere or no music at all. This meant on one of massage I asked for music, but it was turned off 2 minutes later as someone else requested it to be turned off. I never was able to relax at all.

Nice staff, nice food but the ship really needs to be maintained better

Westerdam Cruise Review by uzimmermann

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

uzimmermann’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 5132
The cabin is nice but I wished the two separate beds were of the same height when pushed together. I could always feel the little hump in the middle. When I got on board the bathroom light would not reliable turn on, but after mentioning it to the stewards, they had it fixed.

Also wished there were a power outlet next to the bed.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins