3. Star Princess
This ship is old and is showing it's age. There were a few maintenance issues but nothing that would keep me from going again. Ship Captain Tuvo was FABULOUS!! He came to almost every meal in the dining room and greeted us. His presentations are funny and he made this cruise for us. The food and service were top notch and the crew members would greet each passenger with a smile and a greeting as we passed in the hallways. The entertainment was great I could not have had a better time. This is our 12th Princess cruise and we are looking forward to our next one. I have spoken to many passengers on our cruises and a lot of them have been on multiple cruise lines. Some like the benefits and services of another cruise line but most seem to think that Princess has the program and cruises they like best. I personally don't think you are going to find a better value based on the total package you receive on Princess. The entertainment was great and the theatre crew works hard to put on first-class shows. The food and service were marvellous and the deserts are so good it is hard to eat just one. The Excursion crew does a great job of letting you know what there is to do and see in every port. I WANT TO GO AGAIN!

The best cruise ever

Star Princess Cruise Review by cokefirst

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

This is our 12th Princess cruise and we are looking forward to our next one.

PrincessCruises3, Social Team, Princess Cruises has responded
Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear you had a great cruise!
cokefirst’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC B239
The staterooms are small, however, we only sleep there and spend the rest of the time enjoying the common areas. The cabin steward keeps the room refreshed and there is plenty of closet space.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    There is no excursion on this part of the voyage. This is a scenic trip to Glacier Bay on the cruise ship. The ship made a slow 180 degree turn at the glacier so that everyone had an opportunity to see the beauty and wonder of nature.
    View All 749 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Totem Bight State Park
    We took a city and area tour that included the Totem State Park. It was a nice relaxing tour. I was a little disappointed at the small number of totem poles, but it was still informative. We also took a short (maybe 1 block long) walk through a forested area near the totem pole park and had an interesting explanation of the natural trees and plants of the area.
    View All 105 Totem Bight State Park Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    This rail experience left from the station and took us to the Canadian border in white pass and back. The scenery was beautiful and there are things you can only see by taking this train ride. The train and cars are old but meticulously maintained. The guide on the train kept us informed about the sights were seeing as well as some history of the area as we made our journey to the pass.
    View All 1,104 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • City Tour
    A relaxing ride through the city. We were in a 4 person tour that took us through the city in a Lincoln Town Car. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the area and we saw the Lt. Governors Mansion and Craigdarroch castle. We enjoyed the tour.
    View All 70 City Tour Reviews