3. Norwegian Escape
We chose the Escape because we like the bigger cruise ships. We live in NJ so leaving from NY couldn't have been any more convenient. We parked right at the terminal. Parking is pricey there but, it couldn't be any easier. We parked and were on the ship in minutes and when we disembarked we were in our car and home in an hour Our last 4 cruises have been on NCL ships. Free Style cruising is our style. The choices of activities and entertainment are numerous. The Latitudes Program has perks we enjoy. This was our 4th time staying in the Haven Complex on a NCL Ship. I will warn you that you can't turn back once you've been there. The service and amenities are unparalleled. The perks of priority boarding & disembarkation at all ports, private lounge and bar, private pool and hot tubs, private restaurant, and the top notch staff are unbelievable. We've tried to explain the luxury of the experience to our friends. Once you try it you'll be a convert!! Our cabin was a Courtyard Penthouse. Very spacious and clean. Plenty of storage. Jovito and Crisol took amazing care of us. Our cabin was always spotless. The daily treats and canapes were delicious. My husband ordered a Birthday Package for me. The cabin decorations were nicely done and the cake was huge. We ended up sharing the cake with the staff. We ate at Cagney's, Teppanyaki, and Le Bistro as our 3 specialty meals. All were excellent between the abundant food and excellent service. We ventured out to the buffet one day so my husband could get soft serve ice cream. It was fine. Nothing special but, not terrible. We got lunch, my husband had soft serve and we never went back. We ate all of our other meals in the Haven restaurant. I can't say enough positive things about the service and food we got there. Everyone was so pleasant and efficient. Yes, the menu is the same every day but, there are so many choices it doesn't make a difference. Also every night at dinner there is a special. Most of our Bar Time was spent in the private Haven bar. The bartenders were masters of their craft. No drink stumped them and the introduced us to so many new cocktails we had never tried before. If you get the chance, try a Pistachio Martini. I promise you'll love it!! The Choir of Man was amazing!! Don't miss it. We did a Wine and Cheese pairing seminar. Loved it!! The Casino was hot and cold. In the end we didn't lose our shirts:) There were people smoking in there but, I didn't find it unbearable. I can see how it would be a problem for people who are vehemently against smoking. I just didn't find it as dramatic a problem as others have mentioned. Never played Bingo or Deal or No Deal. Not worth the extra money to us. We heard so many bad reviews about After Midnight that we cancelled our reservation and skipped it. The supper club shows didn't really appeal to us so we skipped them as well. Bermuda is a beautiful island. The first day we went on a private tour with Byways Tours. Heidi took us allover the island. She chose the stops and we saw everything we could have wanted. Stops included a beach, private gardens, Fort St. Catherine, the lighthouse, bridges, fish feeding, and the outside aquarium. A picnic lunch is included. We ate a picnic tables by the water. Perfect Day!! The second day we took the free NCL Ferry to St. George. Try to be there around noon for the Dunking Stool Re-enactment. We took the ferry back and wandered around the dockyard a little and shopped. Our final day we took the Local Ferry to Hamilton. Shopped some and then headed back to the ship for a late lunch. The NCL Escape and Bermuda are wonderful!!

Heaven in the Haven

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by LVCruiser65

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

The NCL Escape and Bermuda are wonderful!!
LVCruiser65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5 18714
Huge cabin with plenty of storage. Steward and Butler were outstanding. If you read above, you know I cant say enough positive things about the Haven.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins