3. Norwegian Getaway
first of all I have been on 21 cruises maybe the last 5-6 were on NCL, I enjoy cruising and always felt it gave a lot of bang for your buck. I have ever written a negative review to this extent. ship is very nice, embarkation and debarkation went as usual. No big surprise. This process is always confusing hectic and slow for this ship it was no different. The ship well cared for and clean. Easy to get a round. Crew : Average not very friendly and service was average to fair. Did not encounter anyone that wanted to go the extra mile. Room Steward Was poor, very nice but did not make up my room on 2 occasions. never around if you needed him. Entertainment : Average to good, however, the cruise director and entertainment groups were either surly or over did it on the adult humor. I am no prude but They over did it to the point of being ugly. The band members were just surly & rude. Food: was fair to average, this is where NCL cheaped it out. They never and I mean never altered the dinner menu. Same every singles night in an effort to push you into the paid venues. Very discouraging and cheap cheap cheap. Cruising is no longer about value for your money its all about what they can get you to spend. I wrote NCL and they never even had the courtesy to acknowledge me. I have been on 21 cruises, I was very loyal to NCL. But no more, I felt very disappointed. They used to be super good and crew were fabulous. But it appears no more. And of course it rolls down hill. If corporate is not willing to at leats acknowledge their customers than this level of poor service goes down the tubes with crews.

NCL is looking for the buck only

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by akta1

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
first of all I have been on 21 cruises maybe the last 5-6 were on NCL,

The ship well cared for and clean. Easy to get a round.

akta1’s Full Rating Summary