3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this cruise as we heard great things about Norwegian and it left out of our home port - New York. I thought this was a win-win for us. I was wrong. The ship was packed and every where you went there were massive crowds. Okay, I get that. However, you couldn't get a reservation for most of the specialty restaurants and the ones we did get - - Italian and Steakhouse were awful. We did not get specialty dining for free. We paid and boy was it not worth it. The main dining rooms were pretty good. The dining staff were great. On another note, I cannot believe a ship of this size does not have mid-ship elevators. You had to walk clear to one end of the ship or the other to get where you were going and it took forever to get on an elevator. A lot of the shows were in the atrium which was insane because you couldn't walk through to get to another part of the ship without having to navigate massive crowds that were standing room only for the shows. I will say the entertainment was great. The staff in the restaurants and bars were great. A shout out to the Tobacco Road bar staff. They were amazing as well as the Latin Band that played there a few nights. Just terrific. The room staff were unfortunately not on the same level. I met our steward once and when I called for a few items (pillows, blankets, etc.), I never heard back or I couldn't get through. Had to call at least 4-5 times before I got a response. It was never like that on Carnival. The staff there couldn't do enough for you. They are amazing. To say we won't cruise on Norwegian again is an understatement. I'm going back to and staying with Carnival.

A Disappointment

Leesh918’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA
The mini-suite was tiny! The bed was up against the closet so you had to walk sideways to either get in bed or access the closet. I will say the bathroom was beautiful - - double sinks and a great shower. Again, my balcony room on Carnival seemed much bigger. If it wasn't larger, than it had a much better layout. Whoever designed these cabins did not have comfort in mind. We upgraded to the mini suite to have a little more room, but I think the only difference between a mini-suite and a regular balcony room was the size of the bathroom. My sister had a balcony room and it looked like the same size. Never again.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins