Ocean Endeavour (Adventure Canada) Cruise Review

Trip of a Lifetime

Ocean Endeavour (Adventure Canada) Cruise Review by bigsnark

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: the Arctic

We have traveled with other adventure cruise companies but have yet to find one that compares with Adventure Canada. My entire family booked passage with them from Arctic Canada to Greenland - it was the trip of a lifetime. As an artist, the voyage provided an incredible amount of inspirational reference material for future artwork. Beyond this though, we were treated to comfortable cabins, great food, and Adventure Canada’s wonderful staff - it was almost as if we were royalty.

It is Adventure Canada’s people and the connections between them and their guests, that truly sets them apart from other similar adventure tour companies. Their leadership team is where AC stands out - all are so knowledgeable and passionate with respect to their field of expertise and it shows. On other adventure cruises (with other companies), after the lectures and presentations were over, some presenters became somewhat ‘invisible’ or unapproachable - their attitudes came across as indifferent and ‘just doing their job’. Adventure Canada is so different - the leaders go out of their way to associate with the ship’s passengers, even sitting down with them at mealtimes.

The meals were very good - so much food - I have never eaten so well. For activities, lectures and presentations were interesting and informative and the shore excursions were thrilling. Entertainment, in the evenings, was handled by a very talented musician, who put on quite the show. The onboard staff, from the Dining Room to Housekeeping, were fabulous - they were professional yet friendly.

This hospitality doesn’t just stay onboard the ship though - it also extends to the amazing communities that are visited along the way. The camaraderie lead to the major takeaway for me from the trip. I fully expected to be moved by the spectacular scenery of the Arctic - what I didn’t expect though, was how much meeting the people of the north would affect me. Having the chance to interact with communities in Greenland and especially the Canadian Arctic (as facilitated by the Adventure Canada leaders) has changed my life forever …it touched my soul.

I highly recommend Adventure Canada.

bigsnark's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Category 7 5068

We stayed in two cabins, one exterior (for my wife and I) and the other (for our two adult sons) was an interior one. The exterior suite was very comfortable and spacious ...even had two bathrooms. Our sons stayed in an inner cabin which was quite small (as they typically are), but was all that they required ...plus good value for the price - Adventure Canada offers a 30% off deal for travellers who are under the age of 30 years old.

Next Review