3. Royal Princess
We did the Coastal sailing from San Pedro to Vancouver. The ports we visited were San Diego, San Francisco (over night) and Seattle. We were fortunate to have sunny skies and calm seas for the entire cruise. Embarkation with our medallions was very quick and efficient, check in took minutes. We got to the port around 10:30 and we were eating in Alfredo’s around 11:30. The ship itself is very nice. We ate in the dining room 3 evenings and once for breakfast. All meals we ate in the dining room were not good at all. On the last night I ordered the Pork Belly which was recommended by the Waiter and it was so tough and dry I couldn’t cut it with my knife. The dining room food in quality and taste has really gone downhill from when we sailed with Princess 1.5 years ago. We ate at both The Crown Grill and Sabatini’s. We both ordered the Rib Eye steak in the Crown Grill. The steak tasted very good but a rib eye shouldn’t be 1/4 inch thick. There is less choices for the vegetables to chose from as well. Sabatini’s my husband had the Veal Shank which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had the NY Strip Steak which was okay. We signed up for the WineMakers dinner which cost $40.00 each and was well worth the money. The food and wine pairing was absolutely amazing. Apparently it is only offered on the Royal and the Regal and maybe one other ship, so if you get a chance I highly recommend it. We also did the Royal Tea there was a charge of $10.00 for it. It was nice although we have had better on other cruise lines with no added charge. It was nice to do it but we wouldn’t need to do it again. There were a few entertainers on board that were very enjoyable. It was nice to enjoy a glass of wine at Vines and listen to some music. The wine prices were very expensive averaged 11-15 dollars for a glass. It was cheaper to buy drinks on land than on the ship. We brought wine onboard with us for dinner and are glad we did. One of the cheapest bottles of wine cost around $45.00 with gratuities. Our cabin was D509 which was a mid ship Deluxe balcony. The cabin was fine, we had a two seater couch and a desk with a chair. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very small. I could only imagine if you have long legs that you would need to open the bathroom door if you were using the toilet. The balcony was very small, there is no way you would be able to have a balcony dinner on it! When we arrived we found the coffee table in the closet, the reason being if you brought it out it would be more of a pain to keep trying to get around it so in the closet it stayed. Our cruise director was Matt O and he was always around and about, very good. Every morning he did the Zumba class in the Atrium and him and all the guests were thoroughly enjoying themselves. Overal the cruise was good but the food In the dining room and Buffet were not up to par. Alfredo’s for pizza was good, you can add items to a pizza and make it your own. We found the service in any venue to be very good, everyone on board tries their hardest to make the guests happy.

Average if That

cherrypop’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DF D509
Very small bathroom and balcony. I am glad we got the deluxe balcony cabin as it gave you the small couch.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins