This was a last minute decision - booked only a week before departure. We have sailed from Southampton before and this time used CPS to park the car - a very smooth experience when you get to Southampton. No time to look around Southampton upon arrival, straight into the embarkation process, which - in our experience - is always very efficient and enjoyable. You feel as though your holiday has already started before even getting on board. I knew where our cabin was and so we went straight there and it was a pretty decent cabin with a fair balcony - all very adequate for our purposes. The only issue for us was the height of the shower head - we are both tall and so kept banging into it and as it was bolted to the cubicle there was nothing we could do about it. As we were a late booking we had no choice about whether we had first or second sittings for dinner and so we were second - 8.45 on embarkation day and 8.30 thereafter. Frankly too late for us (first sitting was 6.30 I think) and so we dined in the buffet on Deck 15. That was great, lovely food and where we had breakfast and lunch thereafter. We also dined there on our last night so that we had time to get packed afterwards. We looked at the drinks pack and decided that £40 per person per night was ridiculous so we took a litre of gin aboard - you are allowed by P & O but only one 1 litre bottle each and anything you buy after Southampton has to be stored until you leave the ship. They also charge £20 corkage if you bring a litre of wine on board and want to drink it with your dinner! We then had a single glass of wine for dinner for £4.15 each and that was that. We've had drinks packs with other cruise lines and they are fine - and you make use of them! But this was perfectly adequate and we didn't think we'd missed out. We only watched one show - which was very good but after eating at 8.20 and not finishing until after 10, we didn't feel inclined to watch a show if we were off the ship the next day. We used the gym only a couple of times but there isn't much head room on a cross trainer if your 6' 4" tall! We also went on a talk about 'losing weight by eating more' This was run by a chap called Christian De Beer and a very nice chap he was to. This was really an opportunity to see you Elemis detoxing stuff. I agreed that 'we' would go for a test and a talk. Should be £50 each but doing two for £50. My other half decided that she didn't want to do it after all so Christian charged me 'only' £43 ! Interesting - I am suffering from acidosis it seems and need a 21 day detox (Cost about £150) and then 3 months worth of stuff costing, I think, about £80 a month so call it £400 all in. Ever felt you've been had? I have since read that this has been going on on cruises for at least 10 years ands it is worth googling Elemis 21 Day detox for a bit of opinion - it works for some but not for al by any means! I think my other half had the right idea! But I still need to look at my diet and maybe some sort off detox would also make sense - more Googling and eBay required!! Great cabin service - our chap was Sunny and very attentive he was to - great feller. I did a trip to the Omaha beech and St Mere Eglise on Day 1 when we went to Cherbourg but my partner didn't go as she didn't think it would interest her and so, for £60 would have been a waste of money. She had a look around the marina at Cherbourg. We didn't do ships excursions for either La Corunya or Santander but had a good walk around both. Our last destination was Guernsey and we did the excursion to Sark - which was brilliant and reasonable value at £50 each. Mind you the carriage (horse and trap!) trips cost £15 apiece and I saw a cheeseburger for £8! Large coffees cost £3 so not bad. Disembarkation went well. We stayed on Deck 15 until about 30 minutes before our exit time of 9.45 and discovered that everyone had moved out of the meeting place a few minutes before. Thereafter getting off the ship was extremely quick and easy and we found our baggage and then the car! Great !!

First time with P & O

Azura Cruise Review by SimonCornes

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe

SimonCornes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Cabin A704
Two single beds, standard sized toilet/shower area but as mentioned above, fixed shower head which was too low for people as tall as us - I'm 6'3". It could have been fixed 6" higher or put on a slide with a flexible pipe. Always hot water though! Open wardrobe ie no doors and one long clothes rail. Floor to ceiling cupboard at side containing safe and 5 or 6 shelves. All closed behind a single door. We each had a 2 draw bedside cabinet with a shelf below and a table lamp was fixed to this. Refrigerator inside cabinet above which was tea/coffee making materials. A slightly pointless occasional table which really just got in the way. Dressing table which seemed adequate with cupboard containing hairdryer below. Oh dear - snag! The hairdryer has a two (flat) fin plug which will not fit the travel adapter we had. I spoke to the cabin chap the next day - there is a wall socket cleverly hidden by the telephone on the dressing table! Plenty of mirrors. Adequate balcony with side screens. Furniture included 2 chairs, a small table and a foot stool. The balcony door was quite hard to open - even when unlocked! Generally the cabin was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate. Great service from the attendant - Sunny - who made sure that everything was as it should be. We were interrupted one evening - we had been given a letter to tell us before hand - they wanted to change 6 light bulbs to the energy saving variety.
  Azura Deck Plans