• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Sky Review

Editor Rating
2063 reviews

Headaches in more than one way

Review for Norwegian Sky to Cuba

Cabin: Family Oceanview Large Porthole Window
Sky in Havana
Deck 11
Sloppy Joe restaurant Havana
Havana outside the port. Customs went through everything. It was a stop to

I chose this Cruise because I needed Four Points to achieve Platinum Status. This Cruise went to Cuba.

I was on the Breakaway one day before I boarded the sky. The Breakaway put a hold on a lot of money, boarding the sky, the money was still under a hold. I could not spend any money on the sky. Guest Services was not helpful, they refused to ask NCL corporate to send a settlement statement to my credit card to lift the hold. I settled my account in cash before I left the Breakaway so there was no need for a hold. After emailing my credit card that is all that needed to be done and guest services on the sky refused to help me, to the point that I was in tears several times. I am a casino VIP and would have spent a few thousand more dollars on the sky had I had access to my money.

With that being said, the casino manager was fabulous and despite not having access to a few thousand more dollars to spend in the casino, he made my cruise feel a little more special. Cabin 8064, was conveniently located right by an elevator. There is a huge exhaust problem in the room. I woke up from every nap and night sleep with a headache oh, sometimes I found it difficult to fall asleep due to the smell in the air. I had brought a travel fan and that helped the little but did not get rid of the smell. I could not prop my door open hence I was directly by the elevator and there was a lot of traffic.

Family Oceanview Large Porthole Window

Cabin O2

Exhaust fumes get into this room. I woke up with a headache every single morning. It is located directly by the elevators, every time my spouse open the door anyone walking by can see directly in.

Port Reviews

Havana

Cuba is a poor socialist country. I felt guilty eating their food. I tipped more than I ever did. Take school supplies for the children including backpacks.

4 Helpful Votes