3. Carnival Victory
This was my second Carnival cruise, the first about 10 years ago. I wasn’t much of a fan the last time but Carnival Victory managed to win me over, in spite of my reservations. Here were the pros and cons: Cons: -The hallways were noisy at night. I expected this so I had already braved myself to endure it. -The food was only mediocre compared to Disney Cruise Line, Celebrity, and Norwegian. However, it wasn’t bad. -The bed was very hard. -The ship is aging, and while they try to maintain her, some of her facilities are showing their age. For example, several elevators had tiles missing from the floor. Accent lights were out in random spots all over the ship. The whirlpools and pools showed major wear with the finish rubbing off and showing rust. Pros: -The ship was clean. Very clean in fact. This made up for the wear due to age. -The service was great. These folks are proud of their ship. -The Cruise Director, Filipe is phenomenal. He was friendly, energetic and approachable. He seemed to genuinely care. -The onboard activities and entertainment were great and diverse. All in all, I felt like the value and experience for the price was great. The crew and service more than made up for the cons that I had. Would I book another Carnival Cruise? Absolutely, already have. Would I try and book a newer ship, yes.

Carnival Victory was victorious in winning me over

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by cruisedisneyfan

Cons:

-The bed was very hard.

Pros:

-The ship was clean. Very clean in fact. This made up for the wear due to age.

-The service was great. These folks are proud of their ship.

-The onboard activities and entertainment were great and diverse.

cruisedisneyfan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT 1214
The cabin was clean and comfortable overall. My only complaint was the hard mattress. Stateroom service was great!
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins