3. Anthem of the Seas
Well this is going to be a long review so get ready folks. As an avid cruiser (this was my 11th) I was really looking forward to going back to Bermuda for 3rd time. Please remember in this review Bermuda itself is incredible! The people! The beaches! It is paradise. I'd still say check out Bermuda but just on this ship. So the check in process was easy but it felt like cattle. The seating area was tight and awkward. Thank god that wait was only about 30 minutes. Once we got on at first I was so excited because I was on anthem to Bermuda back in May 2016 on my honeymoon so my husband & I were trying to "recreate" the trip. I am aware on boarding day that ships are usually busier but holy crap was this ship a nightmare. The layout just doesn't allow for everyone to be comfortable. It was just packed and miserable. This cruise also had a lot of children so if you aren't a fan of that just be aware. I am talking many from under 1 to teenagers. Be prepared for many screaming kids, running around everywhere, and the teens roam the ship all day/night (they are have a 1am curfew which shocked me). To touch on the cabin. We got an inside cabin which was fine. The only thing I can say is the virtual balcony sound didn't work, and many times the screen would randomly go black and stop working. For an inside it was a good size, and decent layout. The bed however was HORRIBLE! The sea day on the way back was rocky and being the very back you feel it more and every wave we physically rolled in the bed. That rolling causes a creak in the bed so you can imagine how hard it was to fall asleep. The walls are also paper thin so as the waves got nasty we could hear everyone puking around us. Lovely eh? I am now going to touch on the worst part of the cruise which breaks my heart because to me the food is such a large part of the cruise. I am loyal to Princess which always has amazing food. Well RCL you sucked in the food department. The food just lacked flavor (I never use salt on other lines but you needed it on everything). Say a breakfast potato (its as if they just boiled it and served it). Also as someone who cruises a lot I love trying new foods from around the world but I was reminded how "american" the food can be on RCL. Every night the buffet was the same and honestly there wasn't much change from lunch to dinner. We opted for the anytime dining option but it was constantly so busy we never went to the dining room. I understand you have to pre book but when you just aren't sure when you will return to the ship or what shows/activities you will be doing I find the concept of pre booking "anytime dining" very ironic. Don't call it anytime if you cannot go anytime!!! I am going to touch on the service now. I've never had bad service on a cruise ever but this one was a bit sad. I felt if you weren't buying something they weren't bothered (especially by the pool bars). Also I just found it hard to get help in various venues, and our cabin stewart was miserable. On princess I love making small talk, and learning about them. I think cruising is so incredible how so many people from all over the world work on one vessel. But we couldn't get a word out of him. Just a lack of smiles and honestly it was sad because I wondered if RCL treated their employees right because their unhappiness showed. Activities lacked. All the fancy bumper cars, ifly, and etc we didn't go on because it would be full of bratty children. I could drown on and on about this cruise. Overall it lacked in almost every aspect. Dining, room, activites, service. One last thing. RCL needs to stop nickel and diming. Here is a quick PRINCESS vs RCL. Popcorn on RCL they wanna charge like $3.50 vs princess its free! Room service on RCL they wanna charge $8 plus 18% vs princess its free! Drinks are pushed everywhere at all times vs princess they don't really bug you! Movies in the cabin on RCL are $12 vs princess has many movies to watch for free! So if I were you I'd rethink that bermuda RCL cruise.

Just Bad...

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by ainslie101

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Virtual Balcony
Well this is going to be a long review so get ready folks.

Popcorn on RCL they wanna charge like $3.50 vs princess its free!

Room service on RCL they wanna charge $8 plus 18% vs princess its free!

So if I were you I'd rethink that bermuda RCL cruise.
ainslie101’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Interior with Virtual Balcony
Cabin 3U
Small. Did the job. The bathroom was nice size and I liked the glass shower. The virtual balcony didn't always work. The bed was horrible and creaked every move you made.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins