3. Sapphire Princess
I am going to keep this short and to the point. The sapphire princess is a beautiful ship (slightly older and less gimmicks than other ships) but what an amazing time we had. A little background:- my wife, son and I mostly cruise with Celebrity, princess and rcl. What stood out for me on this cruise was the standard of service princess cruises provide. The staff honestly couldn’t do any more - vs P&O where they need to do a lot more. We cruised on the Azura the week before this cruise and the quality is night and day. It was my first P&O cruise and a major shock to my system. Anyway, onto the Highlights:- 1. Main dinning room food was fantastic. Varied and excellent with the most excellent service. 2. The singers on the ship were 10/10. Best I have seen and they have really moved away from some of the tacky cruise shows they provided previously. 3. Never seen so many pools on a ship - great variety and always a hot tub to myself. 4. Movies under the stars - it was rather cold some nights, but I love this concept and enjoyed it immensely. Popcorn and ice cream is a great touch. 5. Alfredo’s Pizza - complementary pizza restaurant onboard - excellent. 6. Sky walkers viewing lounge - what amazing views up there. Beautiful. 7. Table service during breakfast at the buffet restaurant was always excellent. What they could do differently: 1. Keep painting. Seems never ending work but passengers appreciate a fresh looking ship so keep up the maintenance. 2. Bathrooms in cabins look little tired. Need a refresh. 3. The platinum and elite drinks reception in sky walkers is a bit rubbish. Instead of the food (served between 5-7pm) if they enhanced the range of lower price drinks from 1 to say 5 they would bet a much larger crowd and sell far more. Also, they should keep that bar open during sea days - they would make money from drinks.

Outstanding food and service

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by ch091

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
I am going to keep this short and to the point.

Anyway, onto the Highlights:-

5. Alfredo’s Pizza - complementary pizza restaurant onboard - excellent.

6. Sky walkers viewing lounge - what amazing views up there. Beautiful.

What they could do differently:

2. Bathrooms in cabins look little tired. Need a refresh.

ch091’s Full Rating Summary