• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Treninger
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Family Balcony

I was on a private charter of the Jewel from Hong Kong to Tokyo for a 10 night adventure. I had a balcony room to myself for the holiday. Boarding went smoothly but when it was announced that all the staterooms were ready, mine was still not. Even after I was allowed in, I had to call back the room attendant there was still dirt on the glass shelves in the bathroom. Not having a clean bathroom from the start was only the begining of a poorly run ship.

I gave 3 stars because my state room was great and the entertainment was very good.

One of our biggest complaints was the overt and racist "Washy, washy, happy, happy" in a mocking Asian accent, that were were greeted with when entering the cafeteria at every meal. How insensitive! Our Asian friends, and this cruise originated in Hong Kong so many were on board. Were horrified as we were to find out that this is a NCL saying and the crew are required to say it. I reached out to NCL on Facebook messenger and I could see they read my concerns but never responded!

Family Balcony

Cabin B3

I had a nice balcony room. The bed was very comfortable and the a/c and heater worked well. The water pressure in the shower was impressive.

11 Helpful Votes