3. Carnival Dream
My husband, myself, our daughter and 4 yr old grandson went on this cruise. I was nervous if we’d like it, but it proved to be an excellent vacation. We spent one day in New Orleans, stopping at the aquarium. It’s the best aquarium i’ve Ever visited, and worth the cost of admission. The ship is large enough to have much to see and explore but not so large that a person would feel overwhelmed. Since we had a suite, we had priority boarding which made the boarding process much easier when traveling with a child. We had cabin 7312, a grand suite, and there was plenty of room and storage for 4 people. B/c this cabin is mid ship, it’s a convenient walk to either elevator. Our Stewart was Erfron, who was excellent. The location was quiet. About the only negative is one closet door stuck slightly and didn’t glide as easily as the others. We ate a few times in the MDR, and was pleased with the food and excellent service. We had “my time” dining and had several waiters who gave extra attention to our grandson (which warms my heart ❤️); they were Yudi, Fernando, Sevin, and Gusti. It’s not easy for a 4 yr old to seat thru dinner, but they kept him entertained and made our trip so very special. We tried various other dining during the week. Magnolia Wok was good. The pizza was ok ( pizza was good, made to order, but I prefer thick crust). Guy’s burgers were yummy, and the fries to die for. My husband tried the deli and Pig & anchor, and thought both was good. Pasta Bella was tasty. We ate quite a bit at the Lido buffet and enjoyed each meal. Blue iguana was probably my favorite. Between the 4 of us, we visited Swirls daily, and it was delicious. We missed the show we wanted to see (80’s pop) due to lack of available seats (we arrived late). We did attend the Dr. Seuss parade. Although our grandson was too shy to volunteer for a role, he enjoyed watching it. He loved picking his build a bear a animal (bunny). In the evening we sat on Lido and watched dive in theatre. We all enjoyed the Green Eggs & Ham breakfast; Yudi and Sevin again made him feel special. Ports- Jamaica we visited Dolphin Encounter, which we liked; it’s clean, set up well, organized and a cute park. Our dolphin was Alex. We also went into a shallow lagoon and touched a sting ray. The ride was maybe 20 minutes to get there. We then went to Doctor’s Cave beach. It’s a nice beach for kids (level & calm), the sand is soft but Its in the middle of a resort area and I was hoping for a more natural/secluded beach. Grand cayman- we went to the turtle farm. We loved this park; very clean and laid out well. We snorkeled with the turtles, saw a shark, and swam in the pool area. There’s so much to do there I wish we had more time to see it all. We then took the bus to a boat and went to stingray sand bar....it was awesome! The water was crystal clear and the rays were amazing. Cozumel- we did a little shopping before our tour at the dolphin encounter (dolphinaria?). Once again, the park was clean and we enjoyed our visit. This tour included lunch, which tasted good. Otherwise we spent our time in the pools, hot tub and our grandson on the small sliding board. Again b/c we had priority boarding, disembarkation was smooth. We all had a great week and are already talking about booking another cruise

Our first cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Pattywac

Pattywac’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 7312
Very spacious, quiet, plenty of storage. Very large bathroom, and I appreciated the lighted vanity in the dressing area.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins