CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside

I rated my experience as “poor” due to the lack of quality customer service and resolution. I just came back from Norwegian Dawn porting from Miami and it was by far an unenjoyable experience. This is not my first cruise; however, it was with this cruise line and I will not be back nor, will I be referring anyone. The onboard staff was not helpful in resolving issues that arise while at sea. The staff at the desk was defensive and argumentative to not only me but other guest. I simply inquired about the drink package both myself and my travel partner paid for prior to sailing directly through Norwegian Dawn website. We selected the package that included wifi, drinks, and excursions that were listed along with the special totaling 915 dollars per person. Mind you the advertised price is starting at 115 dollars on the site. Upon boarding we went to the front desk to inquire about how this package would work now being on board. The Guest Service Member was unprofessional and discourteous from the very start of the conversation and rudely told us we did not have the added amenities that we were under the impression we had. We provided documentation to the Guest Service Member and he still refused to honor it and proceeded to tell us he can add a package on for an ADDITIONAL $600.00 PER PERSON! That is beyond ridiculous when we have already purchased the package directly from your website that you are refusing to honor. If the employee would have possessed the skill set needed working in the customer service industry, customer resolution would have been important to helping. Instead we were offered a $50 credit from a staff member that was on SHORE not any resolution from aboard the ship but “Sorry”. Sorry?! For the amount of money spent and expectation that was falsely set, sorry? Then being treated as if we should move along. In addition, to the rude customer service and lack thereof, the food options were not in comparison to other cruises I have been on. Very little vegan options requiring more money to be spent when arriving at the designated destinations to make up for the lack of vegan options. All of this combined with the amount of money I spent to get from Virginia to Miami and what influx came once aboard the ship that was handled poorly made me feel more like a way to get money rather than treating me as a customer. My trip was not worth the money that was spent and I am upset that I spent as much money as I did with the turnout being poor due to Norwegian Dawn being unable to treat their customers with QUALITY customer service. My travel mate and I traveled as veterans of the military that wanted to get away for a peace of mind and relaxation and received the complete opposite. I would not recommend this cruise line to any nor would i cruise with them ever again. What a horrific experience this was.

Mid-Ship Inside

Cabin IB

Cabin was good overall, spacious for one person, decent sized bathroom.

2 Helpful Votes