3. Independence of the Seas
We wanted to get across the Atlantic without flying. This ship has exceeded our expectations. I love that even though they refurbished it, they have preserved the deck where you can walk around the whole ship outside and the stream/sauna changing room in the fitness center is still open to everyone. It doesn’t feel like the money grab that some do. The food has been consistently excellent, better than we expected, and the crew is always friendly and helpful. From what I have read about the Edge, which I never intend to cruise on, on this ship if you’re not in a suite you are not made to feel like a second class citizen. You have access to the bow and the balconies are still wonderful to step out on when you want to. Good for RCCL for keeping the good stuff and for their generous package of perks for frequent cruisers.

Lovely ship, excellent crew and food

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by churchofcake

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony
churchofcake’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 8646
It’s the usual, but that’s not a bad thing.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins