3. Ganges Voyager II
Gangies voyager 11 I will try to cover the whole time and be as honest in my experience The boat is spotlessly clean, the floors polished and the furnishings of a high and comfortable quality. There is ample room in the sun deck or lounge for everyone so it never feels busy or full. The dining hall was light airy and the range of food was of a high standard. The chef was a really great guy. He walked around the tables, offering his advice and offered to personally cook what ever you fancied. There was a full breakfast. The obligatory egg station, along with the continental style cuisine of cheese, meats and pastries and one part that I personally loved which was the healthy station. Here were local smoothies, juices and yogurt. The coffee was sublime, proper coffee and great sized cups to. English breakfast tea along with all the India teas were also on offer. Lunch was a buffet, many hot local dishes and by hot I mean cooked. The curries were all mild and the wok fried vegetables were one of my favourite. The India people love sweet things so the deserts were rich in cream and sugar. Free flowing wine, red or white, or beers and the staff always knew when your glass was nearly empty. You really never needed to ask. Afternoon tea was almost another meal with sandwiches and cake. Evening dinner was wonderful. Lots of choices from several starters, several mains too. We had scallops, lobster and the chef did us proud in his recommendations. Again the free flowing wine or beer. The wine was local to India but palatable and if you really wanted a premium bottle they were available to purchase. But personally I don’t think you needed to. The bar staff were very quick to make sure your glass was never empty, and each day was a Uniworld cocktail to try. The waiting on staff were cheerful and happy. When I spoke to them I asked if they were looked after and they all loved working for Uniworld which was a comfort. We had a suite mentioned separately. The other rooms were still very spacious, this were the colonial or the signature rooms. These still had the wonderful sliding windows and a walk in shower. On board activities ranged from yoga which was twice a day, cookng classes, history of the Ganges river and sari wearing. Then we were all given henna tattoos, I chose simple design on my leg and hand I loved the thought I could be daring even if just for a few days. Most days began early with yoga, then breakfast and we were split into two or three groups to visit temples and walk around the local markets. This splitting us up meant we had a large bus to 12 of us. All could have the window seat and easily to keep together. We were given small walk handsets so we could listen to our guide without disturbing other holiday makers. Our first 5 nights Were in the tune of the infamous golden Triangle of India New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. were on land so we visited the Taj Mahal and New Delhi with it’s bustling streets and chaotic road system then off to see the Agra fort. I loved seeing the Taj Mahal so awe inspiring and definitely a catch at the back of your throat moment. We had ample time to explore on our own. But if I’m honest the hotels were a treat in themselves so we chose to stay in the grounds, lie by the pools and enjoy the rest bite before the cruise. We were on this cruise the only British. But never let this be a negative, often there are more British, It had Canadians, Americans and Australians. All over 50 years as far as I could tell. Mostly couples but mums & daughters and 2 solo travellers. We all mixed well after the welcome dinner. Which gave us a chance to chat and start our new friendships. Which we did, and hoping we continue our new friendship in more years to come. People ask me did I enjoy India. I totally fell in love with the people and the place. Uniworld river cruise Ganges 2 was the icing on the cake. The staff bought the experience on board with turban and sari lessons, cooking lessons and talks about life on the Ganges. Jane Mac Donald came on board so I knew it was going to be on the TV....and I watched the episode with pride and fond smiles of my perfect holiday.

Uniworld river cruise India Ganges 2. world of experiences & unsurpassed luxury

Ganges Voyager II Cruise Review by Cristaltravel2

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Asia
Gangies voyager 11

I will try to cover the whole time and be as honest in my experience

English breakfast tea along with all the India teas were also on offer.

Afternoon tea was almost another meal with sandwiches and cake.

Again the free flowing wine or beer.

Our first 5 nights Were in the tune of the infamous golden Triangle of India

New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.

Which we did, and hoping we continue our new friendship in more years to come.

Cristaltravel2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ganges Voyager II price drops

All the rooms are spacious. With en-suite facilities. I had the Heritage suite which faced at the very front. It had the biggest walk in shower room I have seen on all the river cruises I have done. The towels were fluffy and the water hot and plentiful. Our windows /doors slid open so you could almost be outside. What a great idea. They had mosquito nets so no worry for any small flying insects.
It had ampler wardrobe space and drawers even for me who had far too many clothes.
We had Ram who was our butler. Dedicated to the suite option. He bought us our morning tea/coffee when ever we asked. We could have breakfast too in 0ur room if we wished. Our 5pm g & t to our room with nibbles too. He was there to do packing, clean our shoes and his quiet disposition suited this important role.
We had our clothes cleaned pressed and returned all within a day.