3. Brilliance of the Seas
My husband and I wanted a short, relaxing vacation, and this one definitely met those goals. We stayed in Stateroom 1060, a Grand Suite. It had an oversized balcony with a table that seated 4 and two lounge chairs. We have stayed in 2 Grand Suites on different ships, so we knew what to expect with the room itself, but really enjoyed the larger balcony. It was a little noisy being so close to the stairs, elevator, and Centrum, but we knew that ahead of time and packed a small fan to use as white noise at night. No problems sleeping! The room location was so convenient being so close to the stairs, elevators, and to the spa, gym, etc. We would definitely pick this room again! We bought the couples pass to the Thermal Spa and really enjoyed that as well. A lot of my time was spent reading a book either on our balcony or while laying on one of the heated stone beds in the Thermal Spa. We also pre-purchased a two-night specialty dining package. We chose Chops and Giovanni's and will definitely do them again. They were both delicious! We chose to stay on the ship at our one stop since we had visited there on a previous cruise. I went to the spa that morning and saw a cheaper special posted on their white board than had been advertised in the Cruise Compass for that day, so I booked an appointment - $105 for a 50-minute Relaxation Special. Included a foot massage, eye treatment, and upper back/neck/shoulder massage. And as with all our previous cruises with Royal Caribbean, the service was excellent everywhere we went! We would highly recommend!

Relaxing Getaway