Empress of the Seas Cruise Review
1,390 Reviews

They need to retire this ship

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by cherri33712

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

We wanted to go to Cuba and I had always loved RC. However, this was the a terrible ship. The smell of sewage was overwhelming. During the disembark the crew blamed the smell on Keywest. If I weren't a local Floridan I might have believed them. Also, it didnt explain the gut wrenching smell on the 4th floor at sea. The room was a interior nightmare. The ceiling was multi-colored stained old smoke room. The Anniversary package we purchased was late and left a lot to be desired. The AC was broken , except for 1 night out of 5. The bathroom , had old scum on the walls and the previous guest hair hanging from the shower head - upon arrival. The carpet was definitely in need of replacement. The door handle to the bathroom had several screws sticking out - that took the crew 3 days to repair. Into say the room was a let down was completely and understatement. The whole room needs a scrub down and new paint

The ports were excellent . Keywest, cozumel and Cuba. The excursions we had to cancel because of running late / lack of information were quickly resolved and the staff were very helpful.

The pool bars and staff were overwhelmed and it showed. The crew is usually upbeat and get the party started. Unfortunately, this crew looked over worked and stressed. They weren't going out of their way to show a smile or make you feel important.

The wind jammer had standard cruise buffet food. The only happy person was the washy-washy young lady. They guarded the ice cream machine with the smallest cones, I'd ever seen. My poor boyfriend resorted to getting two at a time.

The main dining room was just blah... the crew again looked stressed and asked me to give a positive review.

Just kinda hoped for more since I'm a seasoned cruiser and this was my boyfriend's 1st cruise.

cherri33712's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin 6V 1437

Gross and needs to be scrubbed down and repainted. Old guest hairs and scum all over the walls and the walls are covered in old smoke.

Trolley Tour

We got in late and had to cancel this too. We rented our own golf cart and had a better experience

View All 176 Trolley Tour Reviews
Cozumel

We tried and booked a dune buggies and snorkel but we cancelled once we realized you would be jammed in with 2 other people and some would be able to drive and others wouldnt. We ended up renting our own car and had an amazing adventure .

cherri33712