3. American Queen
We had been recommended the American Queen by a close friend, who is quite choosy so we felt confident all would be prefect! Not quite! Disappointed with quality of some of entertainment. Particularly the lounge singer- we felt very poor, could have been much better. Sadly dinner service was lacking, although did improve so I guess someone at a neighbourung table may have said something? We were served wrong meals repeatedly, had to ask for drinks to be served and the attitude of some staff was very off hand. Front porch cafe- always great service and choice- both at breakfast and lunch. Top deck bar- likewise, always good. This isn't a cheap trip and expectations were so high and I have to admit we were disappointed with these areas! In other areas they excelled, organistaion around trips, both additional and standard were excellent- we did both. Ease on and off at ports was great- never been so easy! The 'Hop on/Hop off' bus service fab! In terms of value for money- depends on your point of view - I know some of my fellow dinner partners felt it wasn't. However if you use all the facilities, all the trips provided as part of package, along with buses it does feel like you know what you are paying for. I think the poor service at dinner and 'not so good' entertainment in places left it feeling wanting. We , for insatnce , seldom ate lunch- but suited ourselves and made a sandwich which we took with us when on shore for a trip. Had fruit etc to eat during the day so we gained in other ways. Satff in general really great, helpful, friendly. Staterooms as expected- really clean, comfortable and well serviced- we had a private verandah which was great.

Almost Perfect!

American Queen Cruise Review by Justbeginners

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: USA

Not quite!

Disappointed with quality of some of entertainment.

Particularly the lounge singer- we felt very poor, could have been much better.

Front porch cafe- always great service and choice- both at breakfast and lunch.

Top deck bar- likewise, always good.

Ease on and off at ports was great- never been so easy!

The 'Hop on/Hop off' bus service fab!

Had fruit etc to eat during the day so we gained in other ways.

Satff in general really great, helpful, friendly.

Justbeginners’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

Very clean, comfortable, themed.
Everything you could need.
Nice to have verandah.