3. MSC Splendida
I chose this cruise for the itinerary which included all the countries and ports I would like to visit. The night stop in the major ports enabled you to visit everything you needed in the time available. Better than expected For a ship with nearly 4000 passengers, there were few times int he 4 weeks when the public rooms were crowded, and with a slight adjustment in your plans you could easily avoid the crowds. It was easy to get around, with 4 sets of lifts and numerous staircases. The variety of food served, once you realized you could ordered what you wanted - if you liked 4 entrees and only one main course- just order it! The embarkation and disembark was quick and efficient. Within 20 minutes of arriving at embarkation I was in my cabin and bags arrived within 15 minutes. Faster than most business class flights! Good points The service was excellent, and any request was quickly dealt with. Our cruise included extra lectures on art and history which for the age profile of the passengers was well received. Things which needed to change to get 5 stars Strangely for an Italian ship the pasta dishes were poor, sauces were watered down. To counter that the pizzas were excellent and freshly baked. There is a gap between travel agent and MSC with regard to visas to enter the countries visited. It did not affect me (as I searched the internet before boarding) but others were stopped visiting India as a result. Not sure why ice cream was not available in buffet - did not affect my scoring, but this was important to other passengers Suggestions to people thinking about booking Consider which excursion you would like before boarding. This lets you plan your trip more efficiency If you book well in advance you may received the drinks package complimentary - one of my better decisions (says my wife) Pre-book the laundry - at only £1 per item, it is well priced and efficient (and I did not use my full quota up!!) Overall very enjoyable experience which was enhanced by the MSC staff - would definitely re-book

Grand voyage Dubai to Yokohama

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by easyonthegas

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica

Better than expected

It was easy to get around, with 4 sets of lifts and numerous staircases.

Good points

The service was excellent, and any request was quickly dealt with.

Things which needed to change to get 5 stars

Suggestions to people thinking about booking

easyonthegas’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 12175
Cabin met my expectation with regard to storage space and facilities.

Cabin kept clean by efficient house keeping
Piero della Francesca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins