Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Angelikavienna

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was our second Transatlantic cruise on QM2. We love this ship as it’s a proper ocean liner. Having read some reviews, all I can say is don’t listen. We had a wonderful time and I fail to see any issue with this cruise.

The cabin... smallish yes, but everything there. And it is a ship, so space obviously won’t be the same as in a hotel. We had a balcony and enjoyed the fresh sea air.

The service... probably the strongest part for Cunard. Quiet, efficient, friendly without being pretentious. Our waiters Ganesh and Arnold were particularly good. Any wish was catered for and next time quietly repeated. My husband was looking for a toothpick and there was one there every time.

The food.... lovely food, good variety and in one word delicious!! Afternoon tea was a treat and always a spectacle.

Entertainment... during the day there was lots to do and I enjoyed the fact that I would join activities, I wouldn’t normally do. Lectures on air travel, a dance class. In the evening we enjoyed the shows, yes some of the dancing wasn’t what I would ordinarily choose to see, but I still enjoyed it as part of the experience. Some of the shows were exceptional, Francis Ruffelles fro the West End was fantastic. Dancing in G32 was fun and a drink in your Sunday best in the Commodore’s Club is special!

Embarking and disembarking was easy a very organised.

Maybe my only criticism would be that drinks are very expensive.

We loved every minute and can’t wait to see you again QM2 ❤️

Angelikavienna's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BB 9152

Small but perfectly formed. Very clean

Angelikavienna