Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by loveheart

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 2C

We chose this mini cruise as it fit in with our other holiday plans and we'd never been to Amsterdam before. Last year we sailed on Reflection on our first Celebrity cruise and enjoyed it although we didn't think it was any better than RCC and definitely no better than Holland America.

The ship is pretty much the same as Reflection and our balcony cabin was clean, quiet and functional.

We found the food in the MDR average. The first night was horrendous getting in as everyone was waiting outside at 8.30pm fo the second sitting. There was much mayhem and confusion as people tried to find their tables. Our waiter was less than pleased to see us and was miserable and surly all through the meal. We waited over an hour for our starters then a further half hour for the mains. A couple of the meals were wrong and there was no apology. My meal of beef was so small and cold under normal circumstances I would have sent it back however I didn't fancy another long wait. The meals on the second and third night were better and we ordered extra vegetables to fill us up.

We found the food in the Ocean View cafe to be ok, again nothing to write home about.

The entertainment was very good, the 3 shows we saw much better than anything we saw on Reflection last year. 2 production shows from the singers and dancers and 1 female entertainer who sang and played the piano.

Most of the staff were friendly enough but I felt that as this was only a 3 night cruise none of them made any real effort as we would be going home soon.

If this was my first Celebrity cruise I'm not sure it would entice me back to do another one in a hurry.

loveheart's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 2C
Cabin 2C 6180

Our cabin was clean and functional. The bathroom was bigger than those on some RCC ships we've been on. It really needs more drawer space but was fine for a 3 night cruise. The lifeboats underneath didn't really spoil our view from the balcony as it was mostly to cold to sit out.

loveheart