• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Oosterdam Review

Editor Rating
36 Awards

First time cruise and LOVED it!

Review for Oosterdam to the Eastern Caribbean
danamansell
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

17 of us took this cruise together to celebrate my brother's 50th. While I have traveled (and even lived) all over the world and I love to travel, I had never been on a cruise and was a little nervous. I LOVED it! It was so much fun!

I was in a balcony cabin (smallest one) and it was perfect for me and with one other person at times. I was the only one in my room, but thought it was very roomy and well appointed and had I had someone else there I think it would have been fine.

The food was plentiful and fine. Not overly gourmet, but it was good and fresh and met my needs (the point of the cruise was not the food!). There was always something available - they made that very easy.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VE

Loved it! Very roomy with lots of storage that I didnt' except (ie storage in bathroom behind a side mirror). Lots of room in closets and some drawers. Had a little sitting area which was nice and the balcony (which I think I had the smallest option) was perfect for just me and also one other person as sometimes had friends over.

Great linens and towels, exceptional service (I did tip the housekeeping). Comfy and quiet even being close to the elevators.

A few nicks in teh bathroom (toilet and shower) that I thought at first were dirt but in fact were not. Had no problem with these nicks - going to happen with such places. Overall well appointed and looked good.

Port Reviews

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Went to Ocean World for the swim with dolphins and it was great! Highly recommend and then you're in the park for the full day and there's lots to do. Ocean World dolphin staff were very good and OW has received a humane certification which was important to me.

3 Helpful Votes