Riviera Cruise Review

Riviera Cruise Review by Skbg

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

I’m used to have always gone on sea goddess back in its day and crystal, so unfortunately my standards are really high. This cruise ship made me hate cruising forever.

I don’t understand the hype. Old cruise ship trying to squeeze out every penny from you by investing the minimum.

The food is awful at the main dining room. My sons school cafeteria lunches are superior.

The specialty restaurants are ok. Nothing to write home about. That being said it’s oretty disappointing that a “foodie” cruise ship has such substandard food. I. Would say the two most decent restaurants there are the French and Italian restaurants. The buffet is much better than the main dining room. Avoid it at all costs!

Let’s now focus on the cruise ship. We had a PH suite with a butler. The room was tiny and they custom made the furniture even smaller so the room looks bigger. The Verandah unfortunately has ubstricted views... the hallways smells of sewage. This was the worst part of all for me. The toilets started overflowing and there were leaks all over the suites.

Our butler was nice, unfortunately I can’t say the same for my mom’s. The only thing that made everything special for my son was the housekeeping crew. They were so nice and I wish they would be treated better.

Thank you for putting me off cruise ships for life!

Skbg's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse Suite

Tiny little rooms with obstructed view due to the top floor being much longer. Couldn’t see much from our verandah.

Jerusalem (Ashdod)

Unfortunately our captain knew there were issues in Ashdod and waited until the last minute to announce we would have to go to Haifa. Why didn’t he divert himself in the middle of the night as my driver apparently already knew the night before we were going to Haifa the next day. It could also avoided us having to. Wake up at 5a, for nothing

Haifa (Tel Aviv)

Wished we wouldn’t have wasted a day based on poor choices from the captain

Rhodes

Captain never arrived there due to a bit of wind (hello meltemi!) Very disappointed as I was looking forward to going

Skbg