3. Carnival Ecstasy
So, I did an 8 day trip to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and San Juan. I was very hesitant on this because it was 1. My first cruise 2. I was going solo and 3. All the negative reviews. I did it anyway. One thing I learned, people will gripe if you hung them with a new rope. Was there a smell? Yes, it was hardly noticable. Did the ship list and rock? Yes, the best part about the whole trip was the rocking me to sleep. I will be going on this ship again, it's small enough to be able to walk without getting worn out but big enough to hide from the world. Don't get stuck in the negative. It is a vacation, things will happen....as is life. Take the trip. Enjoy the uniqueness of the ship. Repeat. The food was outstanding save for being lightly seasoned (bring garlic salt). Tacos were spot on, Guys burger excellent. Entertainment options got sparse during the 2 day haul back to port, but who cares, hang out on the deck and enjoy the sun. All of my excursions were cancelled due to weather, or no interest. No big deal, made my own excursions. Get the drink package. Fruity drinks are $10 plus, coffee $3 plus. I would suggest to get an interior room, I didn't spend much time in mine. Embarkation was speedy enough, debarkation was like hearding cats. Ship was clean, always. They were constantly cleaning, painting, shampooing and vacuuming carpets. I have only one complaint.....wanted to stay a few more days.

Don't get stuck on the negative reviews....

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Drummer1978

Drummer1978’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C M56
Cabin was perfect for one. More than 2 would have been miserable. Service was top notch. Anything I asked for, it was done.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins