3. Scenic Crystal
* Scenic river boat cruise from Bucharest to Budapest. * It was nothing short of a nightmare. * We will never set foot on a cruise ship again. * The cost of the cruise was very expensive and I expected there to be checks and balances in place to protect the traveler. ie there was no doctor on the boat to administer to people who got sick. * We were sent 2 Scenic back packs which was a waste of money. I wish we had been asked if we wanted them. * The limo service sent to pick us up and return us from the airport costs 3 times what I could have made the same arrangements for. We did not pay the limo driver directly for this but Scenic would have this built into the cost of the cruise. Again, another waste of money. * Our cabin on the boat was at the back and our bed vibrated while the boat was moving. This made me feel nauseous. * A number of people arrived on the boat sick with a respiratory infection which quickly spread to other passengers. I was one of the people to get sick and spent several days in my cabin sleeping. I was so sick that I couldn't eat or drink at most meals. * When we finally got off the boat in Budapest I had the hotel call me a doctor. He put me on 7 days of antibiotics. Scenic were negligent in not bringing on a doctor to tend to those who were sick. * Every day the cruise director spent an inordinate amount of time patting himself on the back and telling us what a good job they were doing. This was totally un-necessary and a waste of our time. * Also time spent on the buses on the first 2 days of the 'cruise' was excessive. When we asked our tour guide how far we had travelled in the 2 days, he told us it was 500 kms. Never did we think that we had signed up for that amount of motor coach travel. * I'm asking Scenic to step up to the plate and offer us a rebate on what we were charged for this cruise. I feel like I just threw away $11,000 on this cruise and I'm asking for a sizable rebate. I'm NOT interested in any coupons for future travel as I will never set foot on a cruise ship again as I classify them as floating germ incubators.

Taking this river boat cruise was nothing short of a nightmare.

Scenic Crystal Cruise Review by r-ryoung

* Scenic river boat cruise from Bucharest to Budapest.

* It was nothing short of a nightmare.

* We will never set foot on a cruise ship again.

r-ryoung’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Crystal price drops

Because our cabin was at the back of the boat, our bed vibrated with the noise and movement of the motor. It made me feel nausious.