Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review
1,922 Reviews

This has been the experience that ensures that I will never again sail with X

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by mldiluna

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii

While the declining quality in food, decreased staffing, and lowered standards of maintenance was bad enough to make me question my decision to sail with Celebrity, the overall cherry on top that pushed me in deciding that I will never sail this line again was my experience with two falls in less than 30 seconds while descending the very wet and slippery stairs down to the tender in front of approximately half a dozen crew members. For the record, I had both hands on the railings, which is why I have pulled muscles and a wrenched back, rather than a cracked skull. At no point did any crew member ask if I had hit my head, did I think that I should get checked out, or even ask my name and cabin number, much less the names and cabin numbers for any of the people that had seen me fall. When I went to make a report to guest services, the woman at the desk was completely indifferent to what had happened, asking "Is that it?" and immediately waving the next guest forward. Quite frankly I found the complete lack of concern for passenger safety to be appalling.

Also, my experience with staff at the Persian Garden was, shall we say, interesting. I don't think that I have ever been corrected quite so directly on how to pronounce my own name before.

The cabin was nice, although the door opening the opposite direction of every other cruise ship cabin that I have ever been in took some getting used to, and the storage space would have been great for a seven day cruise, but a little tight for a twelve day cruise. Also, the outlet situation was a little tight. Here we are in 2019, and nearly everyone travels with cell phones, laptops and/or tablets, e-readers, cameras, etc., and there are a grand total of two sockets in the entire cabin. Also, nightstands with usable drawers would have been nice.

Activities wise, this may be the scantiest collection of sea day activities that I have ever seen. Normally on sea days, the difficulty is in deciding what to do. On this cruise, my e-reader got more of a workout.

mldiluna's Full Rating Summary

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

I would absolutely book with this operator again!

View All 153 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Reviews