3. Ruby Princess
I had never been to Alaska (or Canada) before, and I already had experience with Princess, so we booked this cruise. First off, the ship was really nice, way better than the Star Princess (which desperately needs an upgrade). The beds are very, very comfortable. I booked a mini-suite, which I prefer over the suite due to the combination tub/shower. (I disliked the separate shower in the suite because it's tiny and there is nothing to hold onto). There was plenty of sitting room in the living area, plus there are two tv's in the stateroom. I enjoyed the overall look of the ship, which seems to have undergone an upgrade. The dining was good news/bad news: The Michaelangelo and Da Vinci dining rooms served very good food (included in the fare). The Crown Grill was just as outstanding on the Ruby as it had been on the Star (try their filet mignon!) and well worth the $29 charge. However, the Share by Curtis Stone and Salty Dog restaurants (which are not included in the fare) were major disappointments. The entertainment activities need improvement. There just isn't enough to do on the ship during the day. I enjoyed the night time entertainment in the various venues, and I really appreciated the first-run movies at my disposal. But there really isn't much to do before dinner. I would recommend replacing the often obnoxious trivia games with something more substantive, such as a lecture series. The service was really, really good. I cannot say enough about the consistent helpfulness of everyone I encountered. Bravo to Princess' training department! The ports were pretty good: Loved Skagway especially. I recommend taking the train ride there. I also enjoyed viewing Glacier Bay although I think it was twice as long as it should have been. But still, very beautiful. I would definitely go again.

Like this ship! Staff was outstanding

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by nje1953

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

I would definitely go again.
nje1953’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D303
This is the perfect size cabin for two adults, especially if there will be a need to spend considerable time in the cabin. The combination shower-tub has multiple handrails and has plenty of room. There is substantial closet and storage space. The beds were very comfortable, too. There are two flat-screen tv's in this cabin.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    This was a beautiful, memorable cruise around the various glaciers. The Princess staff serves hot soup and warm blankets for those who view it from the top deck. The scenery is priceless. I was also impressed by how careful Princess was to ensure that their ship would not damage anything within the area, including the environment. Princess provides pasengers with a terrific video and other materials to educate about the bay. My only recommendation was that the event took too long. It really could have been accomplished in 3 hours instead of 6.
    View All 748 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    We really, really enjoyed this train ride. The scenery is unbelievable and the tour guide gave us an excellent overview of the history of this area. The train itself was warm and comfortable. I recommend.
    View All 1,104 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews